Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Friday, June 6, 2014

Wait.......It's Monday already?

Don't the weeks just fly by??? It's so bitter sweet. Isn't life great? I just love it.

Sounds like everyone had a fantastic week!

I forgot my planner with all of my notes of what happened this week so sorry this isn't too detailed... :/

This week was awesome. But then again, even if it wasn't awesome.. I would still say that it was awesome. Haha! Missionary work is Awesome!!!

Last Tuesday we saw Raskitta again, the Rasta man. We had a member come with us and it was a great lesson! The spirit was so strong! Those people are just stubborn though. We ended the lesson and he wouldn't take the Book of Mormon! So we just said goodbye, left it on the chair, and booked it outta there! Hopefully someone picks it up and reads it. We'll see. :)

On Wednesday we had a zone meeting which was amazing! It included all of the off island people. So Cayman, Nassau, Freeport, and Turks. You definitely should all study this: We read in Joseph Smith History 1:19. At the very end of it, it talks about having a form of godliness and the power of godliness. Are we a 'Form' of Godliness or do we have the 'Power' of Godliness? This isn't just likened to us as missionaries. It can be likened to everyone. This also raises another question, do we have to start as a form of godliness to get to having the power of godliness? I will let you all answer that ;) Studying this has REAALLY made me want to be a missionary with the power of godliness. To be able to change someone's view the first time meeting them. To help them feel the Spirit from the very first second. I want to be a powerful member of this church. So what are you doing to break out of being a form of godliness, to having the power of godliness? I know that as you study this and learn more about it, you will definitely see your potential and what you can become and what our Heavenly Father wants us to become. But it's not like you can just GET the power of godliness and be done. This is a continual process. It's always progressing and moving forward. Like President Eyring says, Raise the Bar. Keep climbing. You can always go higher. If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward. But really, if you're not moving upward, you're moving downward.

We saw Matilda on Thursday and we taught her the Restoration. She has a problem with understanding why we have prophets. WHAT?? Yeah. I know. The spirit was so strong though and we are hoping that she will start coming to church. We also saw Tyrone and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. It really interested him so I hope he starts coming to church too.

Saturday we saw Rico and his family. We taught them the Restoration and holy cow the spirit was so strong!! We had taught them the plan of salvation before and they kept fighting us if you remember. Well this time they just sat and listened. You could tell they were touched. I can't wait to hear about how they feel about the Book of Mormon! I love that book!

This week was just full of food appointments.... I hate them. After we eat at least. haha! The food is sooo good! But it is making me sick because we get fed so much! This past month I have never had so much seafood in my whole life! I love it!! I don't even get sick of it. I'm turning into you dad! It's great! Well... Sorry this email is so short and not detailed. I will be better next week. I love you all and I hope that you have a fantastic week! This Gospel is True! Teach it to everyone who comes in your path! Especially teach it by example. I love you all!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen








No comments:

Post a Comment