Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 16, 2014: Transfer Week!

Hello family!

Thanks for all of the emails! It sounds like everyone is doing great. I just love hearing about what's happening up there! It is weird to me to think that life is still going on............You are all so amazing and inspire me everyday. Your emails really lift me up. Especially through the hard times. Thank you!

Monday was crazy. Sister Mashabela and I got these emails from the office elders saying that we had gone over our mileage for the month by almost 900 miles! On this little island?? Come on. It's like 19 miles at the longest point across. So we were really frustrated with that. When we called them we were like, "You calculated our mileage in miles and we are using Kilometers." We told him like 3 times, "Our car is in Kilometers!" And we knew that we haven't gone over. They were like, "Well... let me make some phone calls." So he calls back and he's like, "Guess what, I have good news for ya! Your car is in Kilometers! No need to worry!" WHAT?!?!? REALLY?!?!? We didn't know! You should have seen my face. haha! We are just glad that it's fixed. Otherwise we would have been walking and that would have never worked out.

We also went and visited a less active who just got reactivated and he is from the Philipines. His name is Henry. He just got a new roommate named Arnell who is also from the Philipines. We began teaching him and we have taught him the first two lessons and we are hoping that he gets baptized on July 12th. Yes, Hal, it's your birthday. :) I'm praying that it works out!

Tuesday we went to see someone named Mel. We walk up to the house and knocked on the door asking for Mel and this huge Jamaican lady was like, "You have the wrong house. Who are you?" So we told her and she started yelling around for someone named Keith to come listen to what we have to say and she invited us into her house! My first thought, "Whoa. These people are going to get baptized! Gotta love the Spirit leading you to them!" Haha... Yeah no. We walked into her house and turned to the left and walked into this big open room. Yeah, it's a church. The Glad Tidings Church. We all sit down and she starts preaching to us about how we aren't supposed to commit adultery and all of that stuff. She told us to open up to Isaiah 1 at one point and we were like "okay, where do you want us to start reading?" She didn't answer so we just started at the beginning and we taught about what it said and then she went off on another tangent. haha! She didn't know what she was talking about. Then we asked her, so what do you know about our church. She mentioned Joseph Smith. We eventually shared the first vision with her and she just shrugged it off. She turned to me after that and was like, "So when were you saved?" I had the most confused look on my face. I had never been asked that before. Luckily I have an amazing companion who saw the look on my face and she jumped in and said, "She was eight." haha.. I'm so dumb.. It meant when were you baptized... yeah.... Then she turns to me again and is like, "Okay, I'm going to get into your personal life. Are you married? Do you have a boyfriend? Do you guys sleep together? Do you kiss? Do you hold hands? Do you hug?" I sat there like... what?? Did she just say what I think she said? Eventually we told her about marriage and how we will get married when we get home and she gave me her blessing that my future husband and I will have a long lasting life until we die and that we will have a really happy marriage and all will be well. haha! Well, glad I got her blessing. I mean. What was I going to do without it...... Needless to say, we won't be getting lost on her doorstep again. At least she knows about the first vision right?....

Wednesday we had District meeting which was FANTASTIC! I love Wednesdays so much! A scripture that really hit me hard during it was D&C 88:67. Check it out and apply it to yourself. Is your eye single to his glory? If not look at the blessings you could receive. :) haha! Who wouldn't want those!!!

Thursday we had an interesting discussion with someone named Earl. He is Baptist and doesn't believe that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. Psh. He says that once you study and study and study and learn more about God, he will put his spirit in you and then you are good. haha! He also said that there are times when he is studying so hard that he has to stop because it'll make him explode. Like literally die because he is going so deep into knowing about God. I don't know about you but when I study and study it make me want to study more. Not explode..... People and their ideas.

On Friday we had interviews with President Brown. Holy cow I was sweating almost more than usual. It was good though. Kind of weird over Skype but, whatever. He is such an inspired man!! It really helped to see what things I need to improve on. We also had Trade-Offs. I went with Sister Coleman this time. It was a great day. It was nice getting to hang around the West Bay area.

Saturday, we got transfer calls at 7 am because transfers are on Wednesday! Wow. Already??? Sister Mashabela and I weren't worried though because I am still in training. We will be here for at least another six weeks. I'm happy! But Sister Tominey is getting transferred. She is going to Boulevard in Kingston. She is so great! We are going to get Sister Newcomer who will be Sister Coleman's new companion. I'm excited to meet her! She sounds great!

Sunday, happy father's day!... we were planning on Tyrone, and Arnell coming to church but they never showed. We were super bummed out. Hopefully they will come next week.

Well, we are going to go to the beach now. I hope everyone has a fantastic week! I love you all so much! Thanks for your emails and updates! Be strong! And think about this quote:

"If you don't have a nametag pinned on your shirt, paint one on your heart." - Neil L. Anderson

Love,

Sister Mouritsen :)





This is a creation sister Mashabela and I had. Tyrone always gives us fish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment