Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, June 30, 2014

Duke the Legend

Hey family!
 
It's so good to hear from all of you! Thank you for the emails! I seriously do love hearing about all of your cool adventures! It makes me laugh my head off when you all say that you are dying of heat. Haha! Me! Too! I love it most of the time :)
 
This week was fantastic! We had to walk pretty much every day though because we were running out of kilometers. Thank goodness tomorrow is July! Whoa... It's July. :) I like walking a lot because we have been able to meet tons of new people! But we aren't able to teach as many lessons a week compared to the times when we have a car. Last Monday we just relaxed and slept, yeah, slept! At home because we were saving on our mileage. It was really nice!
 
On Tuesday we visited Laura at Pedro St. James where she works just to see how she was doing. We asked her about church and how she felt about it as well. She is great but she told us that she felt like she was REALLY welcomed at church but she didn't like that there wasn't a pastor who just stands up there and preaches. What? Are we for real? And then she said, 'I am just waiting for God to send me some signs or something so that I can know where he wants me to go." HA! In my mind I was thinking, "Oh my heavens. We are standing here talking to you." Someday she will realize the feelings she had. The Spirit is undeniable! I can't wait for that day. As we were walking this day I said to Sister Mashabela that we should go visit a member, Sister Smalldon, who is very old. And she lives a couple miles away. Sister Mashabela was a little reluctant because we were both exhausted and it was hot but I was grateful she agreed. As we got there Sister Smalldon was sitting outside her house crying. I was glad that we acted on that thought. She really needed help from us. She is struggling and going through some really tough times.
 
We had Zone Meeting on Wednesday which was awesome! As always! :) We talked about having Cornelius experiences. In Acts 10. Read the whole chapter it is great! But we specifically talked about how Cornelius and Peter were so prepared to receive those promptings. In verses 19-21 the Spirit tells him that three men are here to see him and that he should go with them. Doubting Nothing. And Peter does! How many of us would have been able to do that?? He had A LOT of trust in the Lord. This week try to recognize the Cornelius experiences that will happen to you. Are you prepared to have them? This week we DEFINITELY had a lot of them and this helped us to be better at recognizing them.
 
Thursday we were walking around the Prospect area and a guy in a truck stopped us and started talking to us. He was like, "Hey! Are you guys mormons?? Mashabela? That's sound African. Mouritsen? That sounds like its from Denmark and Danish. Where are you guys from? haha. Yeah wow. He was crazy. The guy had a HUGE beard that he had been growing for 18 months too. yeah. Wow. It was nasty and Sister Mashabela asked to touch it. haha! Anyway, we ended up inviting him to church not thinking he would come but he did! It was really funny though. After sacrament, one of the members came up to us and was like, "there is a strange guy out there with a beard who says he knows you and wants to talk to you?" We looked at each other and just busted up laughing. So we walk outside and he is there on his really nice bike, one that they use in the races, biker shorts and a zipped all the way down shirt. Bare chest, beer belly, bushy beard and all. We were like, "Hey you came!" He said he was just passing through and was wondering what was going on inside the church. He also said that he was going to finish his biking, go shower, eat some eggs and then come back for the last class which was Priesthood. And he DID come back! Luckily it was combined with Relief Society and Priesthood and the Spirit was AMAZING! The lesson was great. We'll see if he comes back again. He says he lives in a little shack on the river where he just eats coconuts and wants us to come by and talk to him. Ha! He even called himself Tarzan, but his name is Duke :) Funny guy. And he also knew like ALL the members! Which was crazy! Apparently he is well known around the island for his biking. He has biked in races all over the world. He's a Legend. Haha. Dad. ;)
 
That is pretty much all that happened this week. It was great! It has been raining up to our ankles today though. Seriously. Our ankles. So we are going to go home to sleep. :) I hope you all have fantastic weeks! I love you all so much! Keep your Spirits full and have a blessed week!
 
Love,
 
Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment