Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, September 28, 2015

9/28/2015: One more transfer left.....Nosah

Good morning :)

This week was very different. But good of course. :) 

So it was just Sister Schwendiman and I on Monday, Tuesday and partially Wednesday before they came and picked her up to take her to Kingston for her flight on Thursday and all the exit stuff..... poor kid..... Haha.

Monday was a lot of packing and cleaning and such. Much needed.

Tuesday we helped a member with her visiting teaching which was great that she had asked us to help! That's something that we have definitely been working on with members, and her visiting teaching partner is less-active at the moment and moved all the way to Maidstone.... So we were ecstatic when she asked for our help! I've really learned how important visiting and home teaching are and how BIG of a help they are to the Branch President. 

We went to see Kelly up in Sunset as well but...She wasn't there and so we ended up seeing Christopher who works in the shop right next door. I can't remember exactly if I have talked about Christopher before but his is an interesting story. I guess when the sisters first met him he was trying to convert Kelly to a Jehovah's Witness... So it was hard for her but.... She actually came through it with an even stronger testimony that the Book of Mormon is true as well as Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson. haha! So it worked out I guess you could say. But every so often he will join in on our lessons. The last lesson we had with Kelly he was in there, then left and then eventually he was standing at the open window looking and listening in through the grill. I handed him a Book of Mormon and he wouldn't take it but I insisted, and he took it. And then eventually he found himself inside near the corner and eventually in our circle asking questions. haha! He can see the truths that we are sharing but it's hard for him to leave what he already knows and has grown up knowing. We talked a lot about the Plan of Salvation. Which I just ABSOLUTELY love. But anyway, the lesson we had without Kelly on Tuesday was great. We talked more about the Pre-Earth life and how we lived with God before we came here and that this really is not our home. But we are just here to prepare to meet God. He's always bringing up Jehovah's Witness Doctrine which is helping me with my patience..... ha....He soon come round though. I've already seen the little changes. :)

That night as well Sister Schwendiman had her exit interview with President Brown, which she said after when we were driving home that it was finally starting to feel real to her... Man that's such a bitter-sweet thing. I just remember starting her last transfer together and now it's over. It went by so fast! And now I'm in the same shoes... No man! I don't know what to think. Besides Go hard, work hard, all day, every day. haha. :)

On Wednesday, yes, my 17th month mark. Jeez am peas..... We had the opportunity to take Sister Spencer out with us to see Jmoy and Nikki. Jmoy's lesson was fantastic! That boy is great! It's just so cool to get to see the light come on in him. He didn't read the Book of Mormon again though but he said that he prayed to know if it was true and that he was looking for a voice to tell him that it was... So we talked about how the Spirit works with us and how we receive our answers to prayers. It also led more into the Restoration which was great. We committed him to be baptized and he said yes. He understands  partially now that Christ's church needed to be restored and that the priesthood authority is back on the earth. It's just getting him to see that it was done through another prophet, the prophet Joseph Smith. But the sad part is that he is in the Elder's care now. I no longer have that area. He is in good hands though. It's not the servant/missionary that matters but the message. It's the same from every servant in the vineyard. :)

After meeting with them we drove to the Hopeton sisters house which was our meeting place where the Elder's would take Sister Schwendiman and I would stay with the Hopeton sisters until Thursday. It was very sad..... They took sister Wint and Schwendiman. Some of my GREAT friends! It was great to spend some time with Sister Slater and Brown though.

So transfers were moved to Thursday because the trainees weren't coming in until late. It was a good transfer meeting. And I'm so excited and have loved so far getting to serve with Sister Lewis! ha! We just work so well together! 

Saturday I didn't get to watch the Women's Conference no...... It was sad.... We tried. They had said that we were all to meet at the church at 7 to watch the broadcast but... no one showed up to set it up... and no one came later... so Sister Lewis and I luckily had the church keys and tried to watch it on the computers but... We probably got a few sentences... It didn't work. So we'll read it later, or watch it today if we have time. :) Thank goodness for technology though. That's all I have to say. Even if it doesn't work sometimes. It really is a blessing from the Lord and should be used righteously!! :)

Yesterday was awesome!! We had received a referral awhile ago and finally got in contact with him! He let us know where he lived and man is it way up in the bush! He literally lives on the side of a mountain and down at the bottom of the ravine they somehow built a road. haha! So we hiked up the mountain to his home and were able to visit with him and his wife. They are the Denton family. It was SUCH a great lesson too! They had been given a Book of Mormon and a Restoration tract from the Santa Cruz Zone Leaders who contacted him in their area. The lesson jumped right into the restoration and everything and the spirit was SO strong and testifying and they said that they want to come to church and to the Book of Mormon night as well and they also committed to be baptized! But his wife Marva has a broken leg. So that's the other thing.... But man they are just so prepared! I can't wait to see them again! :) I love them already.

Well... I've gone on long enough I guess. Thank you for your emails. I hope you all have a great week! Know that I love you and pray for you daily. This work is the best work in the world and I have the privilege of wearing Christ's name and teaching others this His church is back on the earth. What could be better than that? Mi nuh no. :) I love you all. Be safe. Be good. Keep on Keepin' on. :)

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment