Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, October 5, 2015

10/5/2015: One month from today...No Man!

Good afternoon! 

Man... I just have so much to say and so little time... And a really slow delayed computer... hahaha. Bear with me....

Last Tuesday we were able to have a really great lesson with the Denton family about the Book of Mormon! They started reading it!! We also discussed the priesthood again. They seem to understand it better. Brother Denton even came to the Book of Mormon night on Wednesday and loved it! He said he really likes the Book of Mormon. And what's even better, he came to conference yesterday!! He got there around 1 when the first session ended but stayed for the second session at 3! Oh my goodness it was so great! He said it was awesome and noticed how we definitely read the Bible. haha! We have an appointment with him and his wife on Tuesday and we can't wait to follow up more on conference! Man I love them!

We also got to meet with a man and his family who are referrals from Montego Bay. His name is Damian and he is so humble and willing to listen. We had our second lesson with him yesterday after conference and we talked all about the restoration. It was a GREAT spirit-filled lesson. He was able to understand the real importance of the Book of Mormon from it and said he would pray about it and also come to church on Sunday! He lives far in Christiana.... BUT he has a car! Which is so awesome!

Wednesday we had Zone Meeting and Sister Lewis and I talked about asking inspired questions. It was a great Zone Meeting. Very inspirational!

We had a trade off with May Pen this week. Sister Dasha from South Africa came with me and we had a great lesson with Demarce! We talked about the importance of a modern day prophet and read with him in D&C 68:2-4 and then D&C 21:4-6. We then committed him to prayerfully think of some questions that he could bring to conference. It was a powerful lesson. I can't wait to see how conference went for him when we see him Tuesday. 

Conference was just FANTASTIC! I wish I had more time to talk about it but I definitely recieved a lot of answers to questions I have been having.  I LOVED President Nelson's talk though. It definitely bigged me up. :) 

Well. Sorry this is short again. Know that I love you and I hope I can get a quicker computer next time. Gotta love when the power goes out..... Have a great week! Be safe. Be good. Don't forget to apply what you learned at conference or it was all for nothing. haha. Seriously though. That goes for me most of all.

take care!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

Long prayers and "holy" chairs 
Out Denton's front door. Literally I'm on the front step. 
By Damians house. 
National bird. I've been trying to get a picture of it for 17 months..... Score! 
The doctor bird or swallow tail humming bird (Trochilus Polytmus), is one of the most outstanding of the 320 species of hummingbirds. It lives only in Jamaica. These birds' beautiful feathers have no counterpart in the entire bird population and they produce iridescent colours characterstic only of that family (
http://jis.gov.jm/symbols/jamaican-national-bird-the-doctor-bird/).

No comments:

Post a Comment