Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/12/2015: Another awesome week :)

Good morning my sweet family. :)

Yes I don't have much longer out here and it completely breaks my heart to think about.... I have never felt so torn in my life. I love these Caribbean people with all of my heart. I truly have come to know since being out here that this is where I was supposed to be over these past (almost) 18 months. That has definitely been confirmed.The mission is something I will never ever regret in my entire life. Like I've said before, I don't think I could have learned all of the things that I've learned out here anywhere else. This has changed my life forever for the better. 

Tuesday was a great day! It was actually Sister Robinson, Bogle, and Smith's 5 months!! Oh my goodness... I remember talking with them about how when they turn 6 months, I will have been home the night before... Nosah!

We saw the Denton family again on Tuesday as well and were able to follow up on how he liked Conference. He said that he LOVED it! And that nothing was wrong with anything they were saying. haha. Of course not. You can count on them to speak truth. ;) We also talked more about he Book of Mormon and Restoration and we also saw them yesterday and were able to share the Restoration video. We were finally able to extend a baptismal date for November 28 for them both and they accepted! It was interesting because his mother was there who seemed to just love to talk.... Gotta love distraction but we were able to testify with power and it definitely seemed to penetrate their hearts. Sister Denton should hopefully be getting her cast off of her leg today and then she should be able to come to church soon! As long as she gets the cast off today though. She says that whether they say yes or no, it's coming off! Hmm... That just reminds me of one of my siblings who kind of said the same thing. ;) Ha. Colt.... love ya. 

We also had some appointments fall through and so we went finding up in the Spaulding area, specifically a place called Spit Virgin. We got to this area and drove past some men working on an old truck. We looked at each other and said, 'we should go talk to them.' haha. So we did. We parked the car, said a prayer and walked over to them. At first they were just like,'what the whiteys?' and were saying things like, 'you know it's dangerous for you to be out here and stuff you know.' Mind you it's like 3 in the afternoon... hahaha the sun is shining and hotter than hot. Eventually another man seemed to come out of nowhere through some tall grass that was way above his head and we began a conversation with him. His name is Reggy and was telling us that he has already met with the Jehovah's Witnesses. We quickly corrected him and told him that's not us and he began to be more interested. So we gave him a Restoration tract and invited him to be taught. We haven't been able to meet with him yet though because of the rain. He wouldn't let us come. Which happens too often. But it was a cool experience. :)

For district meeting on Wednesday Elder Davidsen told me to write a poem and what it's like to be a sister Missionary. It wasn't a bad poem actually! haha. The tragedy is that I left it at the apartment... Sorry. I'll have to read it to you next time if I remember. 

Thursday we had MLC, which I just always love! Yes it was my last one and I had the opportunity to bear my testimony. Which is the first of several more to come. It's as though I was very emotional before my mission and at the beginning of it and then I got tough and NOW I've become emotional again. No man. Wat a gwan wid dis!?

On Thursday Sister Garrett also hit her year mark which absolutely freaks me out because last year around this time we were together... Wow....We had to opportunity to do a trade off with her and Sister Bogle in Montego Bay. Sister Garrett came with me to Mandeville. It was so awesome to catch up and it was REALLY cool to be able to teach again together. Man that girl is amazing and so strong! We had some great times. We've definitely both grown since being together, which was cool to see. 

Sister Lewis and I and a member had a great experience last night. We went and visited with a man we had contacted the other day whose name is Nevell. He let us into his home and was so friendly which was funny because when we contacted him he was just trying to get away.. haha! But we went in and were able to meet with his son as well, Oshane. And they seemed really interested! They told us that they have 2 Books of Mormon already and that they just saw them the other day in their house haha! Wow. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is important. We read the Scripture in John 10:16 when Christ talks about His other sheep and then we corresponded it with when Christ comes to the Americas and tells them that they are His other sheep that he was talking about. (3 Nephi 15:21) It was really cool and we are excited to get to see them again soon! 

All in all, things are going well! I love this work with all of my heart.This church is true!

I love you all. Thanks for the emails.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment