Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/2015: Gone too fast...

Hello, good morning my family :)

I don't have much time... I've been having to send in a whole bunch of pictures to the office today...

But I can't believe it's almost the last week of the transfer! It just freaks me out so bad. I remember being in Cayman and saying that I was only in single digit months haha.... I think I blinked. I must have because I've passed 18 months! Nosah..... Sister Lewis and I were talking about it and it seriously is just the most bitter-sweet feeling I have ever felt in my life. I still trying to figure out whether that's a good thing or a bad thing haha....

Not too much happened this week though. We had some great lessons and experiences for sure though!

We saw Demarce and he had some questions about why bad things have to happen. Why can't life just be all good and great haha. Personally I'm glad it's not. Because then we really wouldn't even know what joy is or happiness. 2 Nephi 2:25.  We are meant to have joy in this life. So we shared with him and read in Doctrine and Covenants 121 &122. It was a great and powerful lesson. It really helped me out as well. So much has been going on this week........

We had a lesson with a less-active who is coming back :) Brother Pinto. We talked about consecration and read in Mosiah 3:19. Awesome verse. I'm sure you all know it off the top of your heads. But we had a really good discussion. As I had been studying for that lesson I was reading a lot about obedience. We have to give up our disobedience so that God can consecrate us. I had also read a story about a mission president and a missionary. He wanted to go home because the mission was hard and the mission president sat with him and they talked about things that he could do better to help him. Of course a lot concerning obedience things. And near the end of the interview, the missionary said to his mission president, 'you are not asking me to change my behavior... but you are asking me to change my nature.' And that's exactly how it should be. When we change our nature, we are changing our heart. We change because we love the Lord, we love Christ. Not just to show other people our obedience and that we are good. It's not enough merely just to change our behavior. And this definitely isn't just for missionaries haha! It just comes down to the fact of whether we love God or not. But Brother Pinto really took it to heart I think. He came to church on Sunday which was awesome! 

We were able to have a fantastic lesson with Kelly, and Sister Morrison was able to come with us. We talked all about the Sabbath Day. We read in Ezekiel 20:12,20. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that verse before but it is definitely my favorite one to use for the Sabbath Day. How we keep the Sabbath Day is literally a sign we are showing to God of how much we love him. Haha. Back to obedience and consecration and all that good stuff. 'So Sister Mouritsen, you are saying that if I love God then I'll keep the commandments and everything God says?' 'Yes. That's exactly what i'm saying.' 'So why should I do that?' 'So that God can dang well bless you. Duh.' haha..... After all... He is our HEAVENLY Father. He just WANTS to bless us and is bound to bless us. D&C 82:10. Com nuh man. 

Goodness. Rain a fall this week man! Friday we just got DRENCHED! It totally reminded me of the Ochi days when all it did was rain this time last year. haha. Everyone we called didn't want to see us because it was raining. They all said they were sleeping or going to go sleep. haha. Literally everyone. We tried Demar, a guy we met a little while ago and he said we could come! It was awesome. So we hiked up this mountain with a waterfall pouring down it just to find out that we couldn't have a lesson with him because there wasn't a female there or around and we weren't able to bring a member with us. Haha. It was a good experience though. :) Lots and lots a wata!

Yes. Friday was my 18 months and also Elder Davidsen our District leader who came out with me. Yes. We got floured....




Saturday was great! We had contacted a guy named Jonathan last week and told him that he could invite whoever he wanted to join us in the lesson. So we get there Saturday and there is a WHOLE bunch of potential priesthood holders. Yes. Potential Priesthood holders. It was so awesome! We had a great lesson about the Godhead and our purpose as missionaries and they were really interested! We are going to see them again tomorrow so it'll be awesome! I'm really excited. :)

Well, I love you all! Thanks for all the emails! Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen  

No comments:

Post a Comment