Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

8/31/2015: A week in the life of a missionary who doesn't wanna stop missionary work. Okay... Full-time missionary work. Cause we're all missionaries and this is the longest subject ever. :)‏

Hi Family! 

We had interviews with President Brown this week on Tuesday. Man it was weird...... Let's just say we didn't talk about mission life for most of it. But as he called it.... the 'after life'. haha. "It soon reach".... But it was a great interview. He helped me to know what I need to start doing now to prepare for it because seriously... "It soon come"...... I just love that man. :)

We had a cool experience while we were out finding this week on Tuesday. So we were walking to go and find a referral for a Rasta man named Concrete but he wasn't home. So as we were walking back out to the road we ran into a man and we started talking to him. He told us that he had seen us walking up to the street in the first place when he had headed towards the shop to buy something. But when he got to the shop, he had forgotten his wallet so he had to turn back and go get it and he was on his way back when he ran into us. We had a great conversation with him. He said that he used to go to the Adventist church and almost got baptized a couple times but ended up backing out of it because he was feeling forced. So we discussed how the message we share is to invite and to help people to come unto Christ. Man it was a great conversation. The Spirit was just flowing. :) We were able to have a lesson with him on Wednesday about our purpose and he really opened up more to us. He is so humble and willing to learn. Then yesterday we went on splits with one of the members so Sister Bogle and the member Sister Thompson, who actually came off her mission here in April, went and visited him and had an awesome lesson about the Godhead. I am excited to see him again soon!

We had the opportunity to visit a less-active named Keisha out in Lancaster and had a great lesson with her. We just met her and she is really sweet! The Spirit was strong which is what matters most and we talked all about Christ and his Atonement. Man I don't think I will ever fully come to understand the Atonement...... But I have definitely grown in that knowledge. It's so funny because I thought I at least kind of knew the Gospel before but.... No way... My eyes have been opened and my knowledge expanded. Once again, I will never regret coming out here and getting to grow closer to the Savior and my Heavenly Father by helping others do the same. But anyway! She said she wants us to teach her daughter and someone else this week! And hopefully that will spark her again and she'll come back! We'll see though. Man this work is awesome. Sharing the Gospel is something else. :)

Well.... Those are some things that happened this week. I never have much time sorry... But I love you all and am SO grateful for the emails. Keep on keepin' on. 
No regrets. 
Make sure every step and every decision you make is toward Eternal life. Just immortality is not good enough. ;) So don't shoot for anything less.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen
Sister Wint and I on Trade-off in the bush in Hopeton! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment