Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, September 17, 2015

9/7/2015: Life is Good!

Good afternoon my Family :)

We had a really cool experience this week! So one of our investigators, Mr. Wright, has been in the hospital. We went and visited him and read a story in the Liahona with him. It was about a man who had lost his wallet after visiting several branches, I think in Austria, and he had just come off the last train and was home when he realized that he didn't have his wallet. His wallet had all his cards, money and (most importantly) his temple recommend. etc. So he prayed and couldn't find it. The next morning he prayed and the impression came to read the Book of Mormon but he shrugged it off and said, 'No. The Book of Mormon doesn't have my wallet!' The impression came two more times until he decided to follow it and he opened it up and read the first scripture on the page that he saw and said it comforted him so well. So he let it be. The very next day, he got a call from the train station that they had his wallet and he found that there was nothing missing from it. 

Immediately Mr. Wright was excited about that and he grabbed his Book of Mormon and opened it to read a scripture. The scripture he turned to was kind of random talking about some blood shed and wars haha. The look on his face was priceless. So we were like, well it's probably good to pray first. And all of the sudden he was praying haha! After the prayer he opened the Book of Mormon once again and it opened to 3 Nephi 18. Man! It was awesome! So then we talked about Baptism and in the state he is in, he can't get baptized until like November... But he cannot wait until he can get baptized! It was cool to see his testimony strengthened and his faith build through the Book of Mormon and an interesting experience. He has a lot of faith. It was awesome though. He has the greatest attitude in his circumstances. The Atonement will never cease to amaze me. It really is the Infinite Atonement. :)

We have been meeting with a less-active named Fiona and we met her son a few weeks ago and were able to have a lesson with him. Wow he's so awesome! He is an avid church goer at the New Testament church. His name is Jmoy. And when we had met him, we asked him to find his Mother's Book of Mormon. When we came back he actually did it (not that my faith was small haha...) and he had SO many questions! Good questions too! We talked about the Book of Mormon specifically but we didn't have long to meet with him though so next time we see him we are going to share the restoration with him! Man I can't wait! :)

Thursday Sister Schwendiman and I had to opportunity to go to MLC again! Wow it was awesome once again! We dropped Sister Bogle off in May Pen with Sister Judd and Frey and picked her up after. It was an awesome meeting though. I've turned into one of the oldest ones there now..... Nosah....

We had the greatest lesson with Demarce on Friday! WOW! We felt inspired to talk about the priesthood with him. We read Moses 1:39 with him and linked it to the importance of the priesthood and then we watched the video 'Sanctify yourselves' and had him imagine the football team has his family. Man was the Spirit so strong! We extended September 26th as a baptismal date to him. He said he would pray about it. So we'll see. He's awesome though! Goodness. The Spirit was just so powerful in that room. We were able to have Sister Spencer there with us to testify to him of her experiences with the priesthood as well. Jeez I love this Gospel and I LOVE  being a missionary. :)

We had a really cool lesson with Kelly this week as well. On Saturday we went up to her little bar to see her and man was the lightening crazy and LOUD! It was just snapping in the air and then the rain was POUNDING. Oh my was it cold.... But we had an awesome lesson with her about the Book of Mormon and following the prophet. She told us that she knows the Book of Mormon is true. Sister Schwendiman extended her a baptismal date by saying, 'when you come to know that these things are true, will you....' And then Kelly says, ' Wait. But I already know that these things are true!' haha. It was so funny. :) We felt inspired to extend to her October 3rd and 10th and have her pray about them. She just loves the gospel. She said she loves that she can come to church and actually learn something. haha. I agree with her for sure. I've seen some crazy things on the mission.... hahaha! This church is true. :)

Things just seem to be going really well. I had some amazing experiences with the Spirit this week. I definitely have a testimony of fasting and prayer. I've been praying and fasting about several things and some big decisions and I never cease to love the feeling of the Spirit and receiving answers. I also received a priesthood blessing this week. Things were going pretty rough and I received a lot of help. I know Heavenly Father loves us all so much and is so mindful of every single person. 

For the most part those are the highlights of the week. The work is marvelous. The gospel is true. And He is Risen. ;) 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Always strive to be worthy of the Spirit. I love you all again! Have an awesome week.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

        

No comments:

Post a Comment