Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, September 17, 2015

9/14/2015: Another great week! :)

Good afternoon my family :)

I don't have much time today because we are going to Lover's Leap near Junction in St. Elizabeth. I'm excited to see the ocean again! I'm going through withdrawals still... I'll hopefully send pictures next week... If I make time... sorry... I'm so bad at that... Anyway!

These past couple weeks we have been really trying our best to work with the branch members even more than we have been and it has been going well! Seems like a little spark is happening with them. :) Their conversion is deepening. When we have good, righteous desires, set achievable stretching goals and put in the full-hearted work AND faith needed, the Lord works miracles. (1 Nephi 7:12, Alma 26:12 etc... haha...) 

On Tuesday we had a lesson with a lady named Leena that we met last week and her family joined in as well out in Lancaster. It was great! We talked a lot about Christ and how our purpose is to help them to gain better relationships with Him individually and as a family. They were really into the lesson and it was just great all together. :) Most importantly the Spirit was strong in testifying. I never get tired of that feeling!

Also on Tuesday out in Lancaster we got to see a less-active named Claudine and her son Tremaine, who is also a member. A few of her other kids are members as well but they didn't choose to join in... :( But we first talked about if they were able to read the Book of Mormon and they told us they didn't along with some excuses.... and we discussed the importance of reading and then watched the Restoration with them and MAN! was the Spirit strong in their home as well. Claudine who hasn't been interested in really coming back told us that they would definitely be coming to church on Sunday and that she could just feel that the Restoration is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Sad part is though that they weren't able to make it yesterday..... I'm praying for next week though. 

We had trade-offs with a companionship in May Pen this week on Wednesday. Sister Schwendiman went with Sister Dasha in May Pen and Sister Lewis came to Mandeville with Sister Bogle and me. It was great and awesome to see Sister Lewis again. Last week on Sunday we were driving towards the church and there was a guy walking and I thought I recognized him but I didn't. So we got to the parking lot and  got out and we saw him and were hoping he would come through the gate but he walked past and Sister Bogle yelled out to him, "Hey! You're going the wrong way!" So he stopped and we ran over there to talk to him and invited him to church and he came with us and thought it was great! Well we were able to have a lesson with him on trade-offs and he has so many questions! Good questions too. We had given him a Book of Mormon after church last week. Then yesterday he came to church AGAIN! His name is Dwight by the way. But we have an appointment with him Wednesday and will be extending a baptismal date. I'm excited! This work is so cool. :)

Friday we did trade-offs with Montego Bay with Sister Garrett and Dill. We felt as though Sister Schwendiman should go there as well with Sister Garrett. It was good to see Sister Garrett again! Holy cow she's awesome and we got to catch up a little about Cayman. I love that girl! She is a fantastic missionary! Along with Sister Dill. It was good to get to know her as well. :) Those were some long driving days.... haha. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get to Montego Bay.

We had another great lesson with Jmoy as well! He hadn't read 3 Nephi 11 though and so we read it with him. He loves learning and said he loved the lesson. It was definitely spirit-filled and powerful! He said he likes meeting with us and we are going to see him again Wednesday.

Well, I have to go now. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything! Keep on Keepin' on!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen





No comments:

Post a Comment