Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Sunday, August 16, 2015

8/3/2015: I can't believe that it's August...

 Good Afternoon family. :)

Well it was another successful week in my life as a missionary. I truly just can't get enough of this life. :) Did I already say I'm not coming home? oh.... sorry to break the news. :) haha.

This week was so awesome though. We got to have Zone Meeting in Mandeville once again. Our Zone Leaders are awesome and so inspired. We talked a lot about how we can improve in our personal and companion studies and also how we can help the church experience to be more spiritual for those coming. Not just investigators but members as well. We got a lot of good insights and it was awesome. The Zone Leaders asked if I would talk about a Christlike attribute for Zone Conference for a little while and after much prayer I felt like I should talk about Hope. It went really well I think. If it didn't help anybody that would be a lie because I know it helped me. Hope really is such a deep topic. All of the Christlike attributes are. The spirit was strong during the whole meeting though and I know that my testimony was strengthened a lot.






After Zone Meeting I had the opportunity to go on trade-offs with sister Frey in May Pen. My sister in the mission. Man she's great and so powerful! It was an honor to get to spend a day with her. :) I had a funny experience. So Wednesday night we went and visited a man who just got reactivated. He used to be Rasta and he had just gotten the priesthood on Sunday and he was just beaming and so excited! It was awesome! His name is Rupert. Well we were talking and he was telling us about how a few weeks ago some of the sister missionaries in Mandeville had called him asking if they could see him and then told him that they couldn't once they found out that he lived in May Pen. Well.. Low and behold... those two sisters were Sister Robinson and me haha. When we had just gotten into the area we were calling numbers in the phone and he was one of them. He seemed so nice on the phone when I had talked to him and we were bummed out that he lived in May Pen not Mandeville! haha. So it was an honor to get to meet Rupert in person. hahaha!

Then on Thursday we were having a lesson with a lady named Jackie in her shop.  She owns a car wash. Well there was a man and another woman there and we invited them to join in on the lesson with us. The man, Marlon, offered the opening prayer and we began talking. Once he found out that we were Mormons, he said, 'OH man. My brother is a Mormon!...' We were like WHAT? Who's your brother?? Turns out his brother is Demarce Rose. Our solid investigator who pretty much is already a member. hahaha. It was so crazy! So when I told Demarce about it at church he was like, 'oh no. you met Marlon?' haha. Apparently he's atheist... makes a lot of sense now. That lesson was.... interesting....

Sister Robinson's mother got married on Saturday and we got the permission to go! It was so awesome. We just drove to Junction which is only about a 45 minute drive across the way. She looked so beautiful and it was cute to get to see Sister Robinson hug her mother. I don't think I would be able to handle being only 45 minutes away from my family. Sister Robinson is a soldier man.

We are going to be receiving transfer calls this weekend as well. We'll see what happens! :)

Something that has been on my mind a lot lately is the Savior. Of course He's always on my mind but just the fact of what he did for us. The Atonement is such a deep thing. Honestly I don't think that I will ever fully come to understand it completely... But we had DLC before Zone Conference this past Wednesday and Elder Ozment, one of our Zone Leaders, was talking about the Atonement and he mentioned something that President Brown had said to him. It's so simple but so true. President Brown said, 'The only way for you to truly come to understand the Atonement is not by reading about it in the Bible (or the Book of Mormon) but by experiencing it. Wow I know that I have experienced the Atonement but continuous experiences are what will deepen my understanding. The Atonement is one of the most important events that has ever taken place. So why wouldn't we use it. We literally receive divine help and who doesn't want that? I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my friend. I know that He lives. 'He is Risen!' The three most profound words ever spoken. :)

This work is true and it is a marvelous work. I am proud to get to be a part of it.

I love you all. Be safe, be good. Know where you stand.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment