Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, July 30, 2015

7/27/2015: 15 months down..... Nosah!

Wah Gwan mi friens??

Well I hope that you all had a great week! I know that we did. It was a little slow but not too bad at all. :) Sister Robinson and I are just loving getting to serve the Lord together. :) We just get along so dang well. haha. 

We did a lot of finding of less-actives this week so it was fun hiking around and searching for them. :) One of the families, the Smiths, lives way up in the hills and it was just reminding me of the Ochi days when all we did was hike up mountains to see people. It was a lot of fun and I was really glad that we ended up finding them. We had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon with them the spirit was very strong and I just hope and pray that they'll start coming back to church and that they'll be able to find the taxi fair to do so. They say they want to so we'll see. :) 

I had the opportunity to do trade-offs this week in May Pen again. I was with Sister Dasha who is from South Africa. Man she is awesome! We worked hard and were able to have some cool experiences and some great lessons. But man... May Pen is so hot and dusty.... hahaha. So much different than cool cool Mandeville. 

On Tuesday we had another amazing lesson with Demarce! Blue is actually his dog. So we went to his house and did service. We swept and mopped and cleaned up well and it looks nice. We then were able to have such a good lesson with him. We talked about the atonement and watched Elder Holland's talk, "Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet" that he gave in the April conference. Holy cow. The spirit was just so strong. He told us that he finally tried our 'challenge' to pray for at least 20 minutes. Or just as long as he can. President Brown has said that we should pray until the Spirit directs our prayers. So we challenged him to this. He said that he received some answers to his prayers and that he would continue to do it. He has just progressed so much! His prayers are just amazing now. I just really can't get over how much progress he has made. Prayer and fasting really does work. haha. 

One of our investigators, Dave, left and went to Cayman this week... He's going to be there for 3 weeks.. ugh. But it's cool because we got to pass him on to Sister Garrett and her trainee Sister Wright and I'm sure they will take good care of him there. I hope and pray they can get in touch. I know he is in good hands. He's in my hometown. :)

My testimony was really strengthened this week about the temple. The island-wide temple trip was last week from Monday to Saturday. The members at church who were able to go were just glowing! Oh man. Just the way that they talked about it... there is no place like the temple. It truly is the house of the Lord and I cannot wait until I get the opportunity to return. I really have grown to appreciate it even more because of these members' sacrifices to go. They really did sacrifice everything. Their money for meals and everything, you name it. And they have been blessed like crazy. They went to the Dominican Republic.

I do know that this church is true. There is no way that it is not. :) I am forever changed by the mission so far. I know that Christ lives. 

I love you all. Have a great week and be safe. 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment