Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, July 6, 2015

7/6/2015: Transfer Day :)

Good morning my family :)

Not too much happened this week. We just had transfers so we were driving back and forth a lot between Mandeville and Spanish Town. 

Tuesday Sister Robinson and I picked up Sister Lewis, the one that I served around in Nassau and took her to the Trainers meeting a long with Sister Oman, who we then picked up in Old Harbour and her companion Sister Slater. They both came out with me and they get to serve together! I'm so excited for Sister Lewis and Oman to train though! It's both their first time and they are so excited as well and I know that they will be GREAT trainers! President Brown let Sister Robinson and me stay in the trainers meeting which was interesting because she is still in training haha. So we were like spotlighted getting asked questions and all that stuff. It was great though because it really helped the meeting to go well and for the trainers to hear from Sister Robinson about the training and her experiences and then from me as the trainer. It was a great meeting and I was able to learn a lot once again. That is my 3rd trainers meeting that I have had the opportunity to go to and they are so different every single time! It really helped so much. The Spirit was very strong and I was able to see where I can improve as a trainer and just as a missionary in general. :) Sister Robinson and I are great though. We are just sisters and I am positive that we have been friends for longer than when we met on May 20. 

The next day we had Transfers! Which is probably one of my most favorite meetings. One of them. So we drove to May Pen to pick up Sister Lewis and Sister Brown and had to drop off Sister Robinson there so they she could stay with Sister Frey so that she wouldn't be alone. Sad day... But I love getting to meet the new missionaries at transfers and getting to hear the testimonies of their trainers! It is just so cool to see how perfect every trainer is for the new missionary. It really helps the training experience to go smoothly for them to transition from the real world haha. And that they get the opportunity to serve each other and the Lord together. 

Another reason that I love transfer meeting is that we get the opportunity to hear the testimonies of those missionaries who are going home... Which is the saddest thing ever. A lot of them went home this transfer.... At the beginning of the transfer when President Brown's wife, Sister Brown, got up to bear her testimony she talked about how the Elders going home were the first Elders they had when they started their mission. They have already been serving for 2 years! She talked about how time goes by so quickly... And that we need to make the best of it. And to live in the present! Though that can be one of the hardest things to do sometimes. 

After transfers I drove Sister Lewis and her new trainee who is from South Africa, Sister Dasha (and she even knew sister Mashabela,who goes home next transfer....) and sister Judd back to May Pen. Picked up Sister Robinson and away we went back home to Mandeville. We were able to see Demarce on the way home and had a great lesson with him about the Restoration. We were able to watch the video with him because he has a laptop! Gotta make use of the technology when it's around. hahaha. But it was very inspiring and he just talks like he is a member! Man! His family though is the struggle at the moment. If only they could see the blessings the church could bring them in their lives. We were able to do a fast with him yesterday on some specific things he has been struggling with and it seemed to help, which was great. 

We were also able to have an awesome lesson with Clifton as well! He finally called us this week and told us that he was reading the Book of Mormon and had some questions. MAN! We freaked! We were just so excited and happy! He said he loved it and really wants to keep reading it because it is so interesting. He read 1 Nephi 8 about the Tree of Life that we left with him. Yes man! It was great. :) Blessings come with patience.

We had a really cool lesson with the Wright Family as well. They have been reading the Book of Mormon together! But they said that they forgot to pray about it.... Man. The only thing they are struggling to understand though is the Priesthood. So we are doing our best to study up more and pray about how we can help them specifically to understand. They are an amazing family and so tight! The whole lesson I was just picturing them in the temple in white hahaha! Gotta start with baptism though..... :) 

Things seem to be looking up and going great. I really have gained a testimony of fasting and prayer this week. They do wonders! 

Well I love you all so much. Be safe. Be smart. Pray. Keep on Keepin on.  Big up yuhself.

Bless up. :)

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment