Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, July 13, 2015

7/13/2015: Wah Gwan?!

Wah Gwan?!

Good afternoon my wonderful family!
This week was a great week of course. I mean nothing too exciting happened but it was still awesome.

I had the opportunity to go to MLC (Mission Leader Council) again this week. Man was it great! That literally is one of my most favorite meetings to go to. I mean I love them all but this one is my favorite. Getting to council together about the mission and everything and then coming out with a solution is really awesome and inspirational.
A cool thing happened this week. We were teaching some guys about the Restoration on Tuesday, Buju and Roshane, and we had a pretty good lesson with them. They seemed pretty interested. Daneisha, who is a member, was with us and she bore some powerful testimony. Then a guy walked up and started talking to us and was wondering what the heck we are all about and was asking about the Spirit and we were able to help him to understand the nature of the Godhead more and specifically the Spirit and it was a really cool experience. I think that he could feel the Spirit from when we were teaching Buju and Roshane as he walked up because he was asking why it felt different and good when he walked up. It was cool. We haven't been able to see him since though. He's been busy... We are hoping to be able to see him again soon though. He is awesome! His name is Roy.
We had another cool experience with the Wright Family on Saturday. We had the opportunity to watch the Restoration video with them. Man was the Spirit so strong in their home too! They even wanted to watch another one so they clicked on the one about the apostasy and we were like... uhh.. okay. haha. But it was interesting to see how that influenced them even more and they understood more about how Christ's church needs to be and how it has to have certain points to it like baptism by immersion and by the proper authority. After we watched it they sat there for a second and then we asked how they were feeling and Patrick the husband said, 'All of this is true. But...' And then proceeded to tell us things about their church....  I was sad... But we were able to testify about the Book of Mormon and how praying to know if it is true will help them to know that there is only one church with all of the truth on the earth which is why it was restored just through one person. Joseph Smith. Not many people. They are such a great family though and every time we get to teach them I just can't help but picture them in white temple clothing getting sealed as a family. Someday. I know it will happen. I love this family!
Sorry for the short email. Not much else happened this week.... Well lots always happens haha but.... These were the most exciting things.
I do know without a doubt though that this is Christ's church and we are so blessed to be able to be apart of it. It has blessed my life more than anything and I will forever be grateful for the decision that I made to get to serve the Lord and share the Gospel with these people. I know this is true. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Most of all, I know that God lives and I know that Jesus Christ lives and they love us more than anything.
I love you all. Be safe. Be good. Be strong. :) Continue to ETTE!
Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment