Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, August 17, 2015

8/17/2015: 2 more transfers left.... cha....‏

Good afternoon family :)

Yes this week was transfers once again... It was hard too. I miss Sister Robinson so much! We really grew so close to each other. Like really!!

Tuesday was our last proselyting day together..... We had an awesome experience too! So we had planned to meet with a less-active, Audrey, who I'm pretty sure I have talked about already. Man I love her. We had planned to begin reading in the Book of Mormon with her because she wanted us to and to help her read because she isn't the greatest reader. But as we were planning during companionship study I felt like we should choose a more specific chapter than 1 Nephi 1. Sister Robinson said that she had read a chapter the other day, 3 Nephi 17, that she thought would be good. So we agreed and we got to Audrey's shop to read the chapter with her. After we read the chapter it was quiet. And then she spoke with tear-filled eyes and said, 'How did you know that I needed this chapter?' She's been going through hard times with one of her sons being in the hospital and other things going on in her family and this scripture really just spoke to her and the Spirit was just SO strong! Oh man! It really strengthened her testimony and Sister Robinson’s and my testimony as well! Even the member, Sister Ranger, who was there with us. It was just cool to see how the Spirit works. Audrey had said that she prayed this morning with all of her heart that the Lord would help her in her situation by some way. She really needed comfort and then we just showed up. ;) It was just a really sweet experience. 

On Wednesday we drove to Spanish Town for transfers. So bitter sweet.... So many missionaries that I have grown to love and get to be around went home. Like Sister Mashabela my trainer. Man. That was hard to let her go. But life must go on. I remember talking about when this would happen with her when she was training me over a year ago and now look... it's already here! Cha man....

Coming home it was Sister Schwendiman and I and Elder England and his Trainee in the car. They are white washing and they are awesome! It's cool to have Elder's around again.

Sorry for the short email this week. It was a crazy, insane week. You have no idea.... But I hope that all is well. Keep on keepin' on and be strong. I love you all so much! 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

Sister Robinson going to Nassau in my former area!

Sister Smith going to Turks! 
Elder Ruesch who just went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment