Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Sunday, August 16, 2015

8/10/2015: Three Months left exactly...

Well once again we had a great week! Man it was awesome. I never get tired of doing the work. :) No matter how much rejection we receive a day haha. It makes the sweet moments just that much sweeter. 

On Tuesday, I had the opportunity to take Sister Smith to Kingston. She needed to get police records and passport photos done. It was great to spend time together and drive there. Man she's awesome. Did I tell you she went to Syracuse High? She knows some people from Davis and I did from Syracuse as well. But man is she an amazing missionary. You would never know that she was in training still. On our way back home from Kingston, Sister Robinson and Schwendiman were way up in Lancaster still so we went and saw a less active at her shop. Her name is Audrey. Oh my was it a good lesson too. We talked about the Book of Mormon and got to read in the introduction with her. Holy cow. The spirit was just so strong man! She began to cry as we were testifying about it and she would keep turning away to go check her non-burned or even close to burning fried chicken haha! And then at one point she says to us, '...You know you’re convincing me right?' No man. We are just here to teach and create an environment where the Spirit can be there to testify and convince you. He is the one to testify of truth to our hearts. This work is impossible without him! Literally impossible. She still loves her 7th day church though and they just started a month long crusade right next door to her shop... I'm praying so hard that she will come back to our church again. I love that lady. I know she will. It'll just take time.

I had the opportunity to go on trade-offs again this week. Except this week I didn't initiate it. Sister Williams the District Leader did. So she went with Sister Robinson in our area and I went with Sister Bogle in their area. We had a great day too! We had a lesson with a strong atheist which was interesting but still went well. And then we had a lesson with a guy named Keeno who is awesome! He was actually being taught by missionaries when he was 9! And he loved the church. He was so young though haha. But he had so many great questions. I can't wait to see where he goes. 

We had a fantastic lesson with a less-active named Ricardo this week. He is actually President Brown's brother. He is the sweetest guy! We read it the Book of Mormon in Alma 32 about faith. We read from versus 28-43. He just lit up too! We helped him to understand that faith is an action. We need to SHOW our faith. He was talking about how he wants to be better and come back and all and the Spirit was just so strong! I can't wait to see the action he'll take next. :) 

We had a really cool experience on Saturday. Before our meeting with President Haughton we had some time and so we were just driving from our last appointment and I felt like we should turn off onto a road. So I did. And we drove and drove and then Sister Robinson said, 'let's go find Andrea.' A less-active. We heard she lived in the area but didn't know where. We eventually stopped and asked a man if he knew Andrea and he said, 'Keep Drive!' haha. So we did and as we were passing a house, we saw an older man and woman sitting on the veranda. So we stopped and were like, that looks like Brother McLean! Who is a strong member but his wife has been sick and hasn't been able to come and we haven't been able to visit them. So we went up the yard and talked to them and eventually we found out that Andrea lives with them!! But she wasn't there at the moment. But it was a really cool experience working with the Spirit! Oh man! And to see it working with both of us! 

On Saturday I had the opportunity to give out transfer calls. Oh man. So Sister Scwendiman and I are going to be STL's together here in Mandeville. :) Sister Robinson is going to Nassau. And she's actually going to be in MY area! I'm so excited for her! Sister Smith is going to Turks and Caicos. So lots of changes happening but it is so exciting. I've been thinking a lot about change and how it can be so hard. I've never really been one to deal with change so well. But that is what helps to bring us out of our comfort zones. Because we all know that there is no growing in a comfort zone and no comfort in a growing zone. 

Well, I love you all. I hope you have a great week. Be safe. Be good. Be worthy of the Spirit and you'll never go astray. 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment