Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, May 14, 2015

5/4/2015: Se me deja?............... :/

Good afternoon :)

So exactly 6 months from tomorrow.... I will be on a plane leaving home...  Oh... I've already done that 3 times..... Ya know how they say you leave a piece of your heart when you leave, I dunno how there are any more pieces left but crumbs! haha! For true though....

I hope you all had a great week. :) I know I did of course. It rained some this week which was nice. Like Cayman, this island just floods when rain comes haha. But it was nice to have a cool down from all of the heat lately.

This week Sister Nelson and I decided to have a scripture a day. (To keep the devil away... ;) haha..) We started last Saturday and we would switch off every day choosing one. It's great. :)

Saturday: Psalms 118:24
Sunday: Alma 13:24
Monday: Psalms 46:10
Tuesday: D&C 43:16
Wednesday: Psalms 15:13
Thursday: Isaiah 41:13
Friday: D&C 66:36
Saturday: Isaiah 55:8-9
Sunday: 2 Nephi 4:28
Today: 1 Nephi 13:37 

We had a great lesson with a couple this week. Mickey and Eisha. Mickey used to live in Florida and says he is ready to make some good changes in his life. We had a really awesome lesson with them about our purpose as missionaries. The spirit was really strong and they even came to church yesterday! We are going to see them tonight to share the Restoration with them and I can't wait! 

We also met Yvonne and were able to have a lesson with her at her house. We met her while we were meeting with Islande. Yvonne and Islande are best friends. Yvonne is so sweet. Islande had been telling her about how we were meeting with her and that this is a good church and so she wanted to know for herself. She is Haitian too so she speaks a lot of Kreyole like Islande so we need a translator but... That's nothing new. haha. I am really excited to get to see her again. We had a fantastic purpose lesson with her as well. She really opened up to us about her life and what she wants in life. I'm really excited to see her again as well! She is prepared!

Augustine is doing well as well. His baptism is going to be on the 16th of May. :) We are excited for him. We've been able to have some really spiritual lessons with him and he can't wait to be baptized. So we are definitely looking forward to that. 

Bencita is doing really well too. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday though because she was sick from this off and on weather. We were able to teach her about the Plan of Salvation and she had some really good questions about it. She was saying how it just makes more sense to her that there is more to life than just Heaven and Hell. We are still praying that her family will have a desire to join her as well. If not now, sometime in the future. 

Well, thanks for the emails. I hope you all have a great week this week! Can't wait to Skype on Sunday! I'll be Skyping around 4 my time. So I think that is... 2 your time... In Utah at least? Haha.... I dunno. Ask Google. ;) 

I Love you all!

By the way Happy Birthday last Friday Colt! And congratulations! I love you!

Later.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen




No comments:

Post a Comment