Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Friday, May 15, 2015

5/11/2015: Mother's Day!

Good Afternoon :)

Happy Mother's Day once again Mom! I love you! It's crazy that a year ago I was at home in Cayman talking to you on Mother's day... Whoa. It was great to Skype you all yesterday! Last one! Haha! Not funny.... That means I go home before Christmas...........................................................



We had a great lesson with Yvonne this week. We talked about the Restoration with her and the Spirit was strong! She told us about how she had had a dream about how some missionaries came to her and wanted to talk to her and had invited her to church. And then that next day she was over at Islande, her friend's house, when we came by. So she accepted for us to come teach her more about the church. It was a really cool thing. She also was able to come to church yesterday with Islande! They were late but they still made it just after the Sacrament. 

Funny story, the branch STILL get's Sister Lewis and me mixed up. So Sister Lewis and Nelson gave talks yesterday in church and after sacrament I got SO many compliments on how good my talk was! Yes I was honored. :) No I did not take the credit for it no matter how much I wanted to. hahaha. It was funny though. 

The biggest news is that Augustin is getting baptized on Saturday! We are so excited for him! He had his interview last Saturday on Skype with the Zone Leaders and Brother Saint-Natus was there to translate the things he didn't understand. He is just so ready. I can remember the day when Sister Judd and I were driving and we saw him walking in the hot sun, so we stopped and rolled down the windows and just started talking to him and gave him a restoration tract and went on our way. It's so amazing to see where he has come from. He has totally just lit up. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a blessing for everyone but it's our job to accept it and use it or not. And it's not just for times of repenting but the enabling and enobling powers of the Atonement are there as well. I definitely have  learned a lot about my Savior Jesus Christ. I've never trusted him so much in my life. I'm just a small insignificant person in the big scheme of things and yet, he and my Heavenly Father still care. They know what I am capable of and they know my potential. I hope someday I'll be able to achieve what they know I can. I'd be lost without knowledge like this and the fact that everything will work out for the better. This is the most important thing we will ever pursue in this life. So why would we let anything get in the way of that? If there is something in the way of that... haha... Well you better get your priorities straight. ;) 

We had a cool experience this week with a member. Sister Saint-Gilles. She called and said she was having a hard time lately and just feeling disconnected with everything that was going on and wondered if we would stop by. Well it was our dinner time coincidentally but not haha so we rushed over there to see her. We talked with her and felt as though we should share a good pick-me-up scripture from D&C 121 and 122 when Joseph Smith is in Liberty jail going through a rough time and the Saints are suffering out there. I love the words that the Lord tells him in 121:7-9. I'm sure they were comforting to him and can be comforting to us as well when we are struggling. Then in 122 when he's talking about all the things he may have to go through, he should know that these things will give him experience and are for his good and that he does not need to fear what man can do, for God would be with him forever and ever. This really touched Sister Saint-Gilles. She began to cry as we shared it with her and said that it was exactly what she needed to hear. We then told her about a story in the Book of Mormon that she could read on her own time that would help her as well in Mosiah 23 and 24 when their burdens were lifted as they continued to follow the Lord. I just love the way the scriptures touch us today even though they were written so long ago. They are so true! We receive so many answers from them! Jeremiah 29:13. Pray. And then go read and find answers through the scriptures. ;)

I also had a cool experience as I was reading in D&C 105:9-10, 12, 14. I would invite you to read it and ponder it yourself. My favorite part is when the Lord says, 'I will fight your battles.' That's been really comforting for me lately. :) But we also need to be like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego in Daniel 3:17-18. They completely are subject to the Lord's will and trust in Him completely. Would you say, 'But if not', if you were in this situation? haha. Would I? Oh man... 

We also had a great lesson with Bencita on Sunday. Her husband John joined in on the lesson and we talked about the Restoration. They were having questions as to why we need to be baptized again. It really helped to clear up some things and President and Sister Ferdinand were able to testify of the Book of Mormon and how they know that it is true. Man it was fantastic. I'm hoping and praying that John specifically will read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. They would see so many blessings for their family and I just want them to receive those so badly! 

Well that's a little of my week, I hope you all have a great week as well! Keep your head up and keep smiling. We have a lot to smile about and be grateful for. I love you all! Be safe. CTR. Return with Honor. haha. :) D-accord. Mwen Fini. Mwen Renmen ou.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen


No comments:

Post a Comment