Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4/27/2015: Psalms 46:10 Everything happens for a reason

Koma nou ye m fanmi epi ami yo? :)

I think I said that right....

Anyway...

So... Sorry about yesterday... The power was going on and off and on and off all day on the island so we couldn't email. The poor electric company just suffers haha. The new hotel Bahamar has been getting built, which is MASSIVE and a while ago they tried to light it and shut down the power on the entire island for a few days. haha. Yeah.. You can imagine..... But yesterday it was just a sorta normal summer thing. When it gets too hot everybody turns on their air conditioning and it shuts down the power on and off all day long... So that was the issue yesterday. I guess we will see what the REAL summer brings besides sweat and sunburns. ;) 

We had a decent week though. Nothing too exciting once again. Oh wait, the definition of missionary work is exciting. :) In my opinion at least. Yes, I've officially been out over a year now. It's weird to think that last year at this time I was in the MTC in Utah. I remember it snowed and we were like WHAT the HECK? I've only got summer clothes.... 

This week we had a great lesson with Bencita. Her husband still seems to randomly disappear when we come over, but what can ya do right? He says it's okay for her to be baptized and soon come he too will be. I guess it depends on how long the 'soon come' is... But we had a lesson about the Holy Ghost and how to receive answers and recognize them. Brother Saint-Nutus and Camillot were able to be there to translate for us this time and it was a powerful lesson. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and she keeps saying that she doesn't need to pray about the Book of Mormon. She already knows it's true. But at the end of the lesson she really understood the need for it. The Holy Ghost is what testifies of truth and it's important to ask for it to bear witness to us. 

On Friday we had a lot of appointments fall through so we did a lot of walking and finding. It was great! As we parked the car, we saw a family heading towards us and we got out to talk to them but... they saw us and hurried and crossed the road... ha.. haha... So we tracked them down. Man they can speed walk haha. We caught up to them and they just snuffed us off. They wouldn't even take a tract! But we had felt strongly to follow them. So anyway we just continued to walk around their neighborhood until we came to a park and there was a man sitting under a tree at a table. We were a little bit apprehensive. We could see the Bob Marley weed shirt and the way he was slouched at the table. Too gangster for us haha... But we went and talked to him anyway. His name is Gregory and he ended up telling us how he stopped going to church. He just felt like there was more to life. He felt like after Jesus Christ died that his church he established was changed and corrupted. So we shared some about the Restoration with him and he seemed interested. He has his own ideas as well... but we are excited to see him again this week. It was a cool experience. It's always interesting how the spirit works. :) Alma 13:24 and Psalms 46:10 were very helpful to Sister Nelson and I this week. 

Alma 13:24  For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.

Psalms 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I love this Gospel and I love being a missionary. I know that it is true and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at this time. This truly is the Lord's church and I am happy to be a part of it and to get to be serving the Bahamian/Haitian people right now. 

I love you all

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment