Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

4/7/2015: Easter Weekend!


Bon Jou Mwen Fami!

Man this was just the best week ever. I love Easter Weekend with Conference and everything! It was great! 

So on All Fools Day, we had District Meeting and right after District Meeting Sister Nelson and I had follow-ups with the Zone Leaders so Sisters Wint and Lewis left. As they were driving out they saw a family standing outside the gate of the church. Apparently they are members and they were vacationing in Nassau. Well it was their last day and the wife woke up and just had the strongest impression to find the church and the missionaries. So they went driving and they stopped someone and asked him if he knew where the church was and he said he knew one of the members so he gave them his number. They called the number and he referred them to another member who gave them directions to the church. And then lucky enough we were there! Which is pretty rare. They live in Japan but they speak Spanish fluently and also Japanese. They have two daughters who only speak Spanish and Japanese. The husband is teaching the wife and daughters English so he would translate for us. But they were SOOO excited to see sister missionaries haha! The wife just kept talking about how her daughters only ever knew of Elders and she wanted them to see sister missionaries so they would have a desire to serve missions as well. The husband taught at BYU as well. Well they wanted to take us out to lunch and it was about 1:30 and their flight was leaving at 3:30. So we went somewhere quickly and then they left. But it was a really cool experience as they were telling us about how they followed the Holy Ghost's promptings. It was definitely a testimony builder. 

General Conference was AMAZING! As always! We even had 3 investigators come all together well.... 2 1/2..... hahahaha. But one of them was Eddie who came to all 5 sessions! He is great and just loves loves the church!  Man conference was great! We watched it at the church online. It had to buffer a lot and we missed some things but that's the beauty of the Liahona magazine :) I can't wait to go back and read everything over again! I had so many favorites! One of my top favorites was definitely Elder Pearson. He's just so blunt and strong and straight forward. It was great. But I had SO many favorites! 

We also got transfer calls this week but nothing changed here in Nassau haha. But Sister Garrett is training in Cayman! I'm so excited for her! I'm a Grandma... haha! :) 

So the 1/2 investigator that came to conference, Ronale... yeah... We went and had a lesson with him yesterday and found out he is actually a MEMBER. WHAT!? We had even committed him to be baptized! What the heck. We flipped. So we had just had a GREAT spirit filled lesson on the Restoration and he says, 'so... what if I've already been baptized into the LDS church...?' Jeez man! This lesson totally just changed subjects. haha. He got baptized in 2000 when he was living in Florida but soon after went less-active. So he thought that because it had been like 15 years that his name was just written off the books haha! Ronale! He is so funny! So now we are shifting gears a little bit and still working on him coming to church but just with the mindset that he has been baptized haha. It was so funny though!

The Creole is coming a long well! I can pray and have been able to bear my testimony in lessons. I love it. A member said that he would give us lessons on Mondays as well. Sweet! Who knew I'd for real be speaking another language besides Patois out here. :) 

We have had some great lessons with Eddie as well. He is really progressing and has been reading the Book of Mormon consistently and like I said, just loves the church so much. His baptismal day is April 18th and we couldn't be more excited for him to get to make this covenant finally! 

I love this work and I can't believe I only have about 6 1/2 ish months left. Don't talk about it! Oh.... I brought it up. haha. Well I love you all so much! Mwen renmen vou! Stay strong, keep the Faith.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen


Birthday cake!


Cake in milk - yum!
The four of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment