Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, March 2, 2015

3/2/2015: Translating, translating... translating....

Good afternoon! :)

Yes this week was transfers and the branch was so sad to see Sister Judd go as was I. :( 7 Months is a long time in one area though. She's excited for Jamaica again. We dropped her at the airport Tuesday morning and Sister Lewis, Sister Wint and I were a trio for a few days! It was awesome! Monday was COLD! Tuesday was blistering so Wednesday, man, we all three woke up looking like death. We were so sick.Throwing up again, coughing, sneezing everything. Nassau has been rude to me! haha. Every single week since I have been here, there is something going on with my body. Since last Wednesday, when we were sick, I lost my voice... Yah... It's funny though because NOBODY can understand Sister Nelson. She's got the THICK Jamaican Patois, and I have no voice except for what sounds like some puffs of air coming out. So you can imagine how it's going with me translating but not really translating and the people still understanding us. Hahaha. It's quite fun though. Good thing the Spirit is the one who testifies and the one that matters.

But Sister Nelson flew in on Thursday in the afternoon. She's awesome! She's from the Parrish of Clarendon, May Pen and she's been out 10 months on her mission as well. :) She is hilarious and such a hard worker! I love her! I bet we will be companions for at least 2 transfers so I'm really excited!! :) 

We've been able to have some great lessons with Gislaine. She is amazing. She was able to come to church on Sunday as well and she even bore her testimony! That's scary! I was so happy to see it though. She is really doing great and progressing well. She says that since she stopped smoking since Wednesday, she can't even stand the smell of smoke. It's fantastic. She really loves the Book of Mormon and sees the strength that it has given her. 

We also saw Augustine this week and he said he was so excited to see us, which was weird because he never says that. There was just something different about him.... A light in his eyes. We sat down and he immediately started telling us that he had read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it like we had asked him to do last time. And he knew that it was true. It was such a cool experience to see the change of heart in him. He has to go to Haiti to sort some things out though and then he said he will be able to come to church. His cousin who has sat in during all the lessons whom we thought could be interested, (she only speaks Creole, little English) turns out that she was telling the member that we shouldn't be there teaching him and that he doesn't want to hear from us, but Augustine said okay just stop, and she stopped. He knows these things are true and I love the progress he's made! He just says he needs some time and he's not ready to be baptized until he comes back.

Well thank you for the emails. I love you all. Be safe. Have a great week! 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

P.S. My nickname for this week is Gangster. Because of my harsh non-existent voice that nobody expects to come out of my mouth. haha!   

No comments:

Post a Comment