Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Thursday, February 26, 2015

2/23/15: Ten Months Today!

Hello Good morning!

Well this week wasn't too exciting but still a great week of course. :) 

We received our transfer calls on Saturday and I will be staying another transfer in Nassau! haha. Okay we all knew that was coming. But Sister Judd will be leaving. She is getting transferred back to Jamaica to Montego Bay to be in a tripanionship and as a trainer. Man she's amazing! I will certainly miss her a lot. We had such a great transfer together. I will be receiving Sister Nelson who has been out about 10 months and she is Jamaican. It'll be awesome! Sister Wint and Sister Lewis are staying the same. :) And I found out that Sister Garrett is going to CAYMAN! Jeez man. 

We a great lesson with Sylvia again about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She just loves the Gospel and it has definitely been a light to her. She was able to come to church as well. I just love her and I wish SOO badly that I could speak Creole. I'm working on it though. Sac Passe! Yah... I probably spelled that wrong... I've still got time so I'll get this thing eventually. Hopefully. 

Gislaine is doing amazing as well. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday though so we were sad about that. We talked about the plan of salvation and she loved it! She really opened up to us more in that lesson and is really wanting to change and she's been able to see how reading the Book of Mormon is helping her to begin to change some bad habits that she has. I love her. Okay I say that about everyone. I love everyone. :) 

Kevin is making progress as well! He was really busy once again with the Taxi and couldn't come to church yesterday but is definitely making progress to be baptized. He can't wait and knows this is what he needs to be doing right now. I love that guy. Yes once again, I love everyone. :)

I had a date with Doctor Downes at the doctors office again... I'm pretty tight with all the nurses and Doctor Downes haha. They all know me and whenever they see me it's like, 'HEY!! How's our missionary doing??' It's awesome. Too bad they aren't interested in the Gospel... Yet... But he says things are looking good on the incision. And hopefully by next week I'll be able to start exercising again. I'm hoping and praying! I miss my morning runs.... So bad.....

Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you! Keep enduring and enduring well!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

P.S. I got some new nicknames this week hahaha... Didymus which means twin, and Sister Monson because no one can say Mouritsen. Haha. I'm honored. :) And once again, Mariah Carey. People are creative... 

No comments:

Post a Comment