Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, February 16, 2015

2/16/2015: Happy Valentines Day

Good afternoon!

This week was a good one. I say that every week. I don't wanna say it was bad though. haha. They never are! Missionary work is the best kind of work! 

We had a couple meetings this week which were great and always thought-provoking and motivating. I needed it. It's great to be able to count on feeling the spirit strongly as a district or zone when we have meetings each Wednesday. 

Sylvia is doing amazing! I just love her to death! She is the sweetest! She has been reading and praying constantly and came to church yesterday as well! Even though it's all English she still comes and she even told us that even though it's English she will always come. She loves the spirit that she can feel there and she wants to learn English. Many of the Haitians learned to speak English because they just kept coming to church and listening. I love the way the Spirit communicates through the heart. What would we do without it? :) Sylvia accepted to be baptized on March 14th and we can't wait! She's SOO excited as are we!

Thursday the 12th was Sister Judd's 11 month mark! She's almost been out a year! I just love her so much! So guess what we did to celebrate?? Yah we stayed home... I was throwing up all day. haha. Nassau is just tearing my body apart. I felt bad for Sister Judd to have to listen to me all day long. You guys know how I am with that... I dunno what made me sick but something! We joked about how it had to be that we had too much pork the day before! We had a less-active unexpectedly feed us and he gave us lots of pork and peas and rice. Man it was delicious. And then Sister Okhuarobo fed us that night and it was the same thing, lots of pork and lots of rice. haha. I've felt fine since then though so no worries (mom;) ). :) 

Friday was "Friday the 13th" and Sister Judd and I were so superstitious the whole day! First of all while we were super planning, our phone wouldn't work. We couldn't contact anybody and no one could contact us either! Then we walked out to the car to go out, started it and it made a really weird sound... So we turned it off and popped the hood acting like we knew what we were doing, stared at it for a few seconds, checked the oil which was fine, and then discerned to go about our day. Haha. We started the car again and it was fine and has been since. Then while Sister Judd was driving she just about ran a guy over hahaha! He walked out right in front of the car and she didn't see him... The guy is fine though. He actually just laughed it off thankfully. Then all of the members that said they would come with us to see Sylvia cancelled so we just decided to go anyway. We saw her, gave her a Creole tract about the Plan of Salvation to read, prayed with her, and left. It actually wasn't too bad. Sylvia has learned to say "I love you" haha! She says it to us all the time! The rest of the day all of our appointments cancelled. Lovely. And all throughout the day we just decided to wave to all the people that we saw while we were driving on the road. Man it was hilarious! So many doubletakes like, 'who dese white girls?' it was great. We got like 36 waves in a few hours. :) Then that night was the Valentines social that the branch put on. It was fun but started late so we only got to stay for about 30 minutes before curfew. All in all, it just comes down to the fact that ya gotta be positive. :) 

On Valentines we had the funeral for Sister Bastien. Her kids made it be at the Christ the King Anglican church and man was it the most interesting thing I have ever been to! We smelled like incense the rest of the day! I am so happy to have the full gospel in my life. I'd be lost without it.... 

We also saw Gislaine and had a great lesson with her about the Atonement. She says she is ready to make the changes she needs to in her life and she committed to be baptized on the 22nd of March! I hope she will really work for that day! I know she can! She came to church yesterday and it was fantastic to see her!! 

Yesterday Sister Wint and I spoke in church and it was great. I love speaking in church. Seriously. Missions change you. I spoke about being an example at all times and she spoke about conversion and we really linked well! The spirit was strong. Once again I just love the way the spirit works. :) There were a lot of tourists there as well.. I even met one from Kaysville! Small world! 

Well I hope you all have a great week! Be safe! Keep enduring and enduring well. I love you all.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

This is an ant's nest. Yes it's massive!
i'm obsessed with the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment