Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2/9/2015: Another week in paradise!

Hi Family!

So this week was my first week getting to actually teach District Meeting because my first week here I had surgery and then the next week we had Zone Meeting and the Zone Leaders taught, who by the way graduated from Viewmont High together. Wah? It was great though. The Zone Leaders and the other 2 Elders in Freeport wanted to come so they skyped in. I was nervous in the beginning of course but it went really well. This transfer there were some new goals that have been set for the mission to achieve so we can be closer to also achieving the Standards of Excellence and that's what we talked about. It was a great meeting. Just like Elder Figgins said in his email how he loves to give talks... Well I love to teach big groups of people. haha! Man the mission changes ya. I love being a District Leader. I really do. :) I was feeling a bit inadequate for this but the saying, 'whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies,' is true. Was that President Monson? I feel much better about it though.

We had some great lessons this week. We saw Sylvia again with Sister Etienne and Camillot. We talked specifically about the Book of Mormon and gave her a Creole Book of Mormon. She was so happy that she jumped up out of her seat and gave each of us a kiss on the cheek! Including Camillot! hahaha! He was blushing under that dark skin! hahaha! And then after the lesson he asked if she had a husband. ha. Oh jeez...... Sylvia is doing great though. She came to church again last week :) even though she can't understand much. The Creole speakers are really taking her in and fellowshipping her well. :) We also saw her on Friday and we shared the Plan of Salvation with her. :) Man! She's great! She just cannot wait to be baptized!! She tells us that just about every time! :)

We street contacted a man named Augustine this week and we got to go see him. He is great! And so prepared! We shared with him our purpose as missionaries. He doesn't speak much English though so we need some Creole translators again. Jeez though. He is way prepared. Even if he doesn't know it. I'm excited to see him again this week to share the unique amazing message of the Restoration with him! 

Yesterday a cousin of one of the members came to church who is a less-active. He used to live on the streets until he was 7 and then he was taken in to a Mennonite home to Andros and then moved to Pennsylvania. I had never heard of Mennonites until yesterday and it is the most interesting thing! It was cool to hear about what they believe. It's sort of like the Amish. But he came to Nassau and ended up getting baptized and was here for a few years until he went back to the Mennonites. But he is one of the most knowledgable people I have ever met! And he was a strong member! Still is but just needs to remember that he is. :) The three of us really clicked! He is fantastic! 

Update on the pain levels : Minimal. I still have my doctor check ups every other week. He said that normally at 3 weeks after the surgery the incision would be pinky size still but miracle mine is about less than half of his pinky fingernail. How does that happen!?! So you wanna know what he prescribed me to do? I have to go sit in the salt water (the sea) to clean it up more. ha! I even asked if I could sit in the tub and put salt in there because an ambulance alarm went off in my head saying NO! And he said nope. That actually doesn't work. So... I guess we'll see how this goes.... Gotta love missionary work! 

Well I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment