Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9/29/14: "Chikungunya" virus

We did not receive a letter from Leah on Monday. I sent an email to the mission secretary, Sister Hall,  on Tuesday to ask if there was a holiday, service activity, or weather event that may have kept Leah from writing to us.  On Wednesday morning we received this reply:

Good morning, Brother Mouritsen –
I called Sister Mouritsen this morning, and she didn’t email on Monday because she and her companion have the chikungunya virus and are resting in their house.  She asked me to tell you not to worry; it is a mild case.  They are both going to be fine, and she will email you and tell you all about it next Monday.  Many of our missionaries are having an “experience” with chikungunya, but they are young healthy adults, and so it is no more than muscle and joint pain, some fever, and fatigue.  A combination of Tylenol, rest and then activity seems to help them recover.
Sister Mouritsen would have to drive from their place, down the mountain into Ochi to email, so it was probably the driving that was too much for her on Monday.
Please do not worry; she will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment