Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, October 20, 2014

10/20/2014: Transfers - to be a trainer

Wha Gwan my Bredren and sisters? :)

It sounds like all is well in the States. Thank you for your emails! This week was great on my island in the sea. :) Man this transfer just flew by! I have already been in Jamaica for 6 weeks! Time flies. 

Well last Monday night we went up to visit some recent converts and an investigator and had a scary experience. So Sister Walker was sitting in the car on the passenger side and one of the recent converts, Tajara, was sitting in the driver seat, she is 12, and the doors were open and we were all talking and according to Tajara 'all of the sudden' the car starting moving down the hill that we were parked on! The car wasn't on either! Immediately I jumped in the car through the back right door behind the driver's seat and grabbed the emergency brake to stop the car! Sister Walker and Tajara didn't know what to do because they don't know about cars. It was terrifying! The car almost rolled back into a light pole! The rest of the night I was called Matrix. haha! There was a pretty fervent prayer said in my head to Heavenly Father that night. I'm just glad that nothing too serious happened. So that was exciting though.

We visited a less-active this week named Courtney Cohen who saw us at the church one day when we were teaching an investigator. He came and asked us if he could find out when his baptism date was because it was so long ago that he was baptized and he wanted to start coming back to church. Whoa. Sweet! So we gave him President Hardy's number. We were able to see him this week and talk to him. He is so strong and loves the spirit that is felt at church. He plays polo and goes to Germany for 3 months and then goes to Canada for a few months every year though. He just got back from Germany. He is strong and I love how the Lord helps people to remember the feelings that they felt when they get baptized. Those feelings are so unforgettable. 

We saw Romain last night and talked to him about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and how important it is to come to church and to take the sacrament. He is 18 and has a good job at a big hotel. His day off is on Fridays and we challenged him to keep the Sabbath day holy, which means he needs to ask his boss if he can change his day off to Sundays. He said that he was really scared to have to do that. He doesn't want something to happen like him losing his job. Heavenly Father wants him there at church though so I know that if he prays and really has that desire to change his life and be better and come to church that all will work out. Romain is great and I hope he gets the courage and has his faith tried. After all, that's how it grows stronger right? The book of Ether tells us that. :)

On Saturday we received our transfer calls and Sister Walker is getting transferred to Portmore. This news totally surprised us because she had actually only been here in Ocho Rios for 3 transfers. We thought she would be here until Christmas! But the Lord works in mysterious ways. Not true? And I don't know who my new companion is yet. I have been called to train a new missionary. This will be a whole new experience! I'm excited and scared and everything else in between but good thing we know that 'whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies.' I'm praying that is fulfilled these next three months of training. Tonight Sister Walker and I have to be in Spanishtown for a training meeting and I get to go too. Then we will drive to Spanishtown again on Wednesday where I will meet my new companion. I can't wait!

I hope you all have a great week this week! Stay safe and keep being the good examples that you are! Even when you think no one is watching, someone is. I love you all so much! Thanks for all you do for me! 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 



No comments:

Post a Comment