Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10/13/2014: Livin' In Jamaica

Hi Family! :)

A couple weeks ago you asked me how many times I pray a day and I just realized that I didn't answer it. Well... I don't know honestly. Too many to count! At LEAST 8 between the time we get up and the time we leave the house in the morning. And I stop counting after that because it is so much haha. I love prayer. It just releases stress and everything else going on in my brain and my body :) That sounds weird..... 

Sister Walker actually got the Chikungunya virus this week... So she was down. Yes, all of my companions have been through the temple. All my companions so far have gone to the Dominican Republic MTC so when they got there they went through the temple for the first time. :) Cool right?? 

This week we went and visited a less active named Sister Notice who just moved into our area. She was offended in her branch that she was in and didn't want to come back. She has SUCH a strong testimony though. It amazes me when that happens... But as we were talking with her and getting to know her, her neighbor named Marcus came over and was listening to what we were saying and talking about the Gospel. He said that he had seen Elder's before and wondered what they were all about. He seemed really curious and it was such a cool experience to be able to meet him! He even wanted his own Book of Mormon because we were reading out of it with Sister Notice and he loved what it talked about in 2 Nephi 31, which is a fantastic chapter :)

On Wednesday we had District meeting and talked all about how we have seen the great changes of teaching lessons 4 and 5 before baptism as well as after. I love Preach My Gospel. period. Then sister Walker and I had to drive to Linstead to meet the sister training leaders.  One of them was going to come on splits with us and the other with the Linstead sisters. We had a great day and some great lessons. One lesson was with a former investigator Charmine from 2009. We shared the Restoration with her and it was powerful. Her baby daddy even ended up joining us and listening along with their 3 kids! I hope that they keep their commitments. haha. We'll see. It was powerful though. 

Other than that, Sister Walker was down with the Chikungunya and hasn't felt well. I hope that everything is going well for you all! I love you so much! Thanks for the emails! I really appreciate it! Have a safe and blessed week! :)

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment