Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Friday, May 2, 2014

I love this gospel!!!


Hi Family!

I love you guys!
To answer your question, I don't really have that big of an assignment as a Sister Training Leader here at the MTC. We just kind of watch over the other sisters and report it to the branch president if anything is going wrong. We got to welcome the new missionaries that came in on Wednesday who were going to be in our zone. That was awesome. It was really nice not being the new missionary anymore haha! Sundays are so awesome! We have sacrament with our branch and you don't know if you are going to give a talk until they announce it at the pulpit. So we have to have talks ready. I was lucky to make it through last week without having to give one. Even though it'd be super easy. One of the teachers here was talking to us about the sacrament and they said something that hit me hard, they said that if you imagine the Savior giving you the Sacrament, it makes it mean a lot more to you. And it's true!!! I can totally testify of that because it made the Sacrament such a cool experience on Sunday! I would invite you all to do that! I know you will feel the same way I did and gain an even bigger testimony of the savior and what he did for all of us. :) Brother Stephen B. Allen came also for a devotional which was amazing and then we got to watch a talk that Elder Bednar gave to the mtc a while ago. It is called, "Characteristics of Christ." Literally every word of that talk struck us all. Sister Oman and the other sister companionship in our district were crying! I was on the verge. So don't think I lost my emotional self. Haha! I have just learned to control it, most of the time... No we haven't named the spiders.... We haven't seen any more and we don't plan to! The food is good but it makes me so sick! It just feels like it is ripping my insides apart! It actually got so bad yesterday that I needed a blessing from the Elders in our District. I love the Priesthood!! I have felt much better today. :) I love my district. We are one big family! They are all going to Baltimore, Maryland. We just have 3 companionships by the way. Sister Oman and I, another sister companionship and and elder companionship. They are all really musical and are trying to get me to join the choir... good thing Sister Oman isn't musical like me. :)

We leave for the airport at 4:30 on Tuesday morning. That's not the bad part though. The bad part is that we fly first to Texas Fort Worth, I know. I about had cow.... then we fly to Miami and then finally to Jamaica. We won't get to Jamaica until about 8:30 that night. Long day. The MTC has FLOWN by!! We will be flying with two elder companionships. So i'm happy we won't be alone!
Our Branch President encouraged us to read 1 scripture on Faith a day. I can totally testify of that as well that it will strengthen your testimony. Even when it's just one scripture. I invite you all to do that and i know you will see a difference in your lives. During a lesson by Sister McManama this week she shared something I liked. She said that we are always progressing but we are either progressing up or down. Imagine an escalator with a roller coaster on top of it that's going up and down. like the white roller coaster kind of. Haha. There are always going to be ups and downs in this life. So make sure you are on the escalator going up. I liked that. :)

Also it snowed this week!!!!!! Sister Oman and I looked out the window after teaching a lesson and about died!! We don't have any coats! It's been really cold! But today was a lot warmer. Thank goodness! My 3/4 sleeve cardigans really haven't been cutting it...
On Tuesday guess who came to our devotional??? Tuesday devotionals are when apostles come. Elder Christofferson!!! He is amazing. I love apostles. Haha! They are so inspired!!! He talked all about trust and how it is so important as missionaries.

We got to go do an endowment at the Provo temple this morning which was fantastic!!! That's officially the last time I get to go until next October... Sad. Oh well. Time to do work for the living. :) Tyler told me about a sister that was in his ward who came to this MTC and he wanted me to find her because he told her about me. Her name is Sister Kautie. Pronounced, Cowtie. haha. I found her and it was so funny! She told me about how he is such an amazing missionary and he helped her to learn about how to teach the Restoration because she was unsure. She also said the we are cute together. haha! I was jealous that she had gotten to see him in the last month.... Oh well.

That's pretty much everything that happened this week. Haha! Besides the fact that I have felt like they have been feeding me with a fire hose the past week and a half! I have learned so much and I know that this Gospel is true! I can't wait to share it with the people of Jamaica!

Thank you for your letters and emails. The Dear Elder letters are the best thing in the world!!!! I love you all! I hope everything is going great!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen (I haven't been able to get over how much I love saying that :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment