Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Friday, May 23, 2014

May 19, 2014: If you don't know frustration....then you don't know joy

Hoe gaan dit!?

Happy Victoria Day! Haha. Cayman Holiday...

It's so good to hear from you guys! Being out here rather than at the mtc, I don't get as many letters or anything. It's great to be able to see what is going on in the world haha!

To answer the questions in your email Dad, The teaching and testifying is coming along. :) I am getting better. Lets just put it that way :) Driving Status: Pro. Except that there are always animals in the road. I have managed to miss all of them except a frog.... Just ask sister Mashabela. I was distraught... haha. There are always iguanas, chickens, frogs and last night a crab! haha. My tailbone is just fine! I can't even feel it anymore! I can sit! :):) Don't take for granted being able to sit... Yes I find myself praying for everything and everyone! Especially people we are teaching!

Not all of you may get this but I know that Madi will. If you don't then just ask her haha! So Sister Mashabela and I were looking at a map of the Caribbean and Cayman was so small that it was under the letter A in Caribbean! I never thought that I would be able to relate to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs out here, but I did. I'm living in a place so small that it's hidden under the A in Caribbean. Haha! I was laughing so hard and Sister Mashabela was like.... What the heck? haha!

Okay, getting to business. This week has been GREAT! I refuse to let myself think or say things like, "today has been awful..." I am someone who gets discouraged really easily and that totally flared up in the MTC. Thinking like that is dangerous. It means you are only looking inward and you need to turn outward! Elder Bednar gave a talk all about that once at the MTC and we had the opportunity of watching it one Sunday night. I haven't forgotten it. He spoke with so much power. Turning outwards really does help you to lose yourself in His work. I can testify of that! I mean I have been out a month on Friday! Whoa. It's going too fast...

Alright, for reals getting to business this time... haha! We taught a lot of lessons this week. And we visited a lot of people! It was awesome! We have been really trying to get the members to work with us and it's going really well. I feel like the members really want to be apart of this work with us! And everybody knows everybody here so that definitely helps. :)

We taught a family named the Zandstras. They are from the States and they just moved here. We have been teaching them and they seem really receptive to our message. On Tuesday we taught them the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching that lesson. And most investigators have just asked tons and tons of questions. But... They didn't ask any. Haha. As we were testifying of it, Sheena, the wife, and John the husband just had tears in their eyes. It was amazing the spirit that was in the room. It makes me happy to see when people are touched by the Spirit. Tuesday was SUCH a great day! Only one of our appointments fell through.






Wednesday was a totally different story... It started out great though! We went to 7 Mile Beach and went running along the water. Man that place is beautiful!!! I could totally live in a place like this. Even if I have to give up my straight hair. :) haha! The rest of that day was hard. Every one of our appointments fell through.  

Friday was much better though. We went and taught a lady named Laura from Honduras at her work. We taught her the Restoration and asked her to be baptized. She said yes! She seems really interested and I can't wait to teach her again. We are going to her work on Friday. It'll be awesome!

On Saturday we had Zone Conference from 9-4. The Conference was in Nassau in the Bahamas. Everyone in Jamaica flew there and the missionaries in Turks and Cayman skyped. I was bummed that we couldn't be there but oh well. Maybe next time.

On Sunday President Johnson asked me to give a talk. I felt impressed to speak on President Packers talk, "Reverence Invites Revelation." Of course, I cried like always. President Johnson came up to me later and said that I did fantastic. :) and that I had people laughing, crying, and feeling the Spirit. So I was satisfied. :)

Spiritual Thought for the week, "What is Real Growth to you?"
2 Nephi 31: 19-21; D&C 14-7; 1 Nephi 13:37; D&C 29:43-44; and D&C 58: 7-12 will help you :)

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week! You are amazing!

Love,


Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment