Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, December 8, 2014

12/8/14: The Gospel is Great! :)

Hi family! 

At church yesterday there was a funny testimony by a member, Sister Thompson who used to be a STRONG Pentecostal, then was less-active for a long while because she got offended by some members in Texas because they wouldn't talk to her. (Thank you very much Texas. :P haha jk Elder O'Brien. ;) ) And we just got her reactivated and she said in her testimony, 'when you pass people on the street, don't say Hello, because Hell is down there, say Hi because God is up High.' And then she closed her testimony. HA! It was so funny and totally got everybody laughing.

We had a great lesson with Judith and Taphirah on Tuesday. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. Judith was getting really teary eyed and the Spirit was really strong. She is pregnant with twins and they haven't been doing so well. She ended up having them on Thursday night around 10:30 and the next morning around 9 they passed away. It was really, really, hard on her. 

Thursday Sister Garrett woke up with some weird red circles, perfect circles, on her arms and hands and some of the members said it looks like Ring Worm so we called Sister Brown and she said that we should go check it out at a doctors office. So we sat in a doctors office all morning. They say you get Ring Worm when dirty water hits you. I had never heard of it before and it has been raining like CRAZY lately! Lot's of puddles and such everywhere so it's understandable how she got them. Poor Sister Garrett. Jamaica has not been nice to her. 

We had a fantastic lesson with Doreen that evening though. We talked about 2 Nephi 25:23, and about baptism and it was really, a great lesson. The Spirit was definitely present. I love the way the Spirit testifies to people :) She wasn't able to make it to church yesterday though. She didn't have any taxi fare. So we were really sad about that. Hopefully next week.

Friday we had an awesome lesson with Lenny. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and he has just been feeling like he is not ready for baptism EVEN THOUGH HE IS. So we invited him to fast on Sunday and we gave him several specific dates to pray and fast about to know which one would be right for him. It is so meaningful when investigators choose their own dates. It really is the coolest experience when they do. I love it! He came to church yesterday and he even bore his testimony! What? Yah that was kool! So we are excited to meet with him again soon to see how everything is going. I just love him! He's amazing! 

Saturday was a great day as well. We had SUCH a good lesson with a less active, Brother James. He has definitely been making some changes and reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon again. We felt inspired a few weeks ago to talk about the Priesthood because he has the Aaronic Priesthood. Ever since that lesson he has just been sparked again and wants Heavenly Father to be proud of him as he exercises the Priesthood. He came to church yesterday as well and stayed for all three hours. It was great to see him. :)

We also went with Elder and Sister Hardy to see another less-active member. Sandra. She has been really, really, sick and she asked for a blessing when we called her. So we called the Hardy's to see if he was available. It was an AMAZING experience. For about a  year now she has been avoiding the church and the missionaries and not wanting them to come over. (She has been baptized a little over a year...) So it was WAY cool when she let us come. She asked us right before we left when we were coming back! It made me just so happy!

Yesterday the teacher for Relief Society didn't show up so Sister Hardy asked me literally 2 minutes before class started if I would give the lesson... What?? Sister Hardy...... It was about individual responsibility and it actually went really, really well. I have gotten much better since the first lesson I ever gave by myself in young womens about change... haha. It's good to see that I maybe have grown a likkle big spiritually. :) hahaha. Maybe a little more than a likkle.... :)

Well I hope all is well with you all! I love you so much and I hope that you have a great week this week! I'm always praying for you all. I really do love you.

Love,
Sister Mouritsen

p.s. I was talking to a member on the phone the other day about something and she hung up and then called back and was like, 'Wait, Sister Mouritsen? Was that you? I thought this was a Jamaican!' It totally boosted my self-esteem. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment