Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, December 29, 2014

12/29/2014: Christmas in Jamaica

 Hello Family!

Man it was so good to talk to you all on Christmas! I wish it could have lasted longer but.. that's okay. I only have one more phone call. Wow. Time flies. 

This week was a pretty rough week. Nobody really wanted to see us at all because of Christmas but....That's okay. We made do. 

Christmas Eve we were walking around Ochi trying to talk to people. It was SO crowded! It literally was like being in Disneyland but 10 times crazier! And the party hadn't even started yet. The real party doesn't start until midnight... yeah. haha. You can imagine. Lot's of masquerade people.

On Christmas after I Skyped, we went over to a member's house, the Llewellyns, to help them Skype their daughter who happens to be in Cayman! Sister Llewellyn. And I actually got to see some of my Cayman Family! It was so great! Even if it was just for a few minutes. :)  

On Christmas the Hardy's also invited us over for dinner because our dinner appointment cancelled. Some of the Jamaican members cooked some dang good food too. So we still got our Christmas dinner. 

Friday was Boxing Day, which is still a huge holiday in Jamaica. That was a good day as well but still hard to see people. 

Saturday we had our Branch Christmas party... after Christmas... haha. It was so fun! Except for the fact that the power happened to be out. Not a surprise. So we ate our food in the dark with cell phones for flashlights. It was definitely a memorable experience that I will never forget. We also had a whole heap of investigators come too. That was great! And then we also had several investigators come to church! Which is a miracle because they had just used fare to come to the church on Saturday and still found some to come on Sunday. Lenny, Doreen and Crystal came to church. Crystal just had her baptismal interview yesterday so she is getting baptized on Saturday by her dad! It will be amazing! We can't wait!! 

That's pretty much all that happened this week... Sorry. I hope you all had as great of a Christmas as I did. I love you all so much! 

Love,


Sister Mouritsen 



Exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders




Tourist souvenir, courtesy of a member.


Beach Pics!

Christmas Cake!



Christmas Day dinner. From left to right: Brian Hardy, Javoni, Sister Mouritsen, Jaleem, Sister Garrett, Rohan holding Kiki, Elders Jones and Cox. (From the Hardy's in Jamaica Blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment