Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Saturday, December 27, 2014

12/23/14: Merry Christmas!

Hi Family!

We had a great week this week! Christmas time is the best right?? ESPECIALLY as a missionary. :) Man! This week did the rain fall too! jeez.

Tuesday we had such a great plan and it all fell through when the rain fell and didn't stop falling. We ended getting ahold of a less active that let us come visit but she lives WAY up the hill. As we walked up we were SOAKING wet. We literally thought we were walking up Dunn's River Falls. haha! We couldn't stop laughing and joking about how we were breaking the rules... but not really. :) Don't worry. Of course we took pictures. I think my shoes are STILL wet from it. Nothing has really dried out this week... It's been cold! 

On Wednesday we had District meeting in Port Antonio and then trade-offs with the Kingston Sister Training Leaders. So I went with Sister Thomson and Sister Thomson to Kingston, yes they are both Sister Thompson, and Sister Garrett stayed in Ocho Rios with Sister Wilkinson. Man Kingston is HOT. haha! I forgot how cold Ocho Rios is. It was so great though. I learned a lot from the Sisters Thompson. They are some dang powerful missionaries. It was scary driving to Port Antonio and Kingston because the rain had created a lot of landslides all over the roads. But we made it safely. :) I got back into Ochi on Thursday night. It was good to be home. :)

On Friday we finally got to see Lenny agian! Apparently he wasn't answering his phone and he didn't make it to church because the rain had made him sick. Too bad. We had a lesson with him about the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity and Sister Thompson (a member of the branch here) came with us. As we were talking about the Word of Wisdom we asked her how keeping the Word of Wisdom has blessed her life and she says, 'well, i really don't see the importance of not drinking coffee and tea. I think it's just fine...." and went on and on and on and on..... oh my. We sat there in horror. But we cleared it up and Lenny eventually said he would live it the best he can. He even accepted a new date to be baptized on January 10th. He is fantastic! 

We also met this guy named Raggy. That's his yard name but his other yard name is 'the white guy' haha! Because he literally just wears pure white all over! Hat down to long socks and shoes! So funny. So we have a new white investigator... what? Well we were talking to him about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and we gave him a Book of Mormon and at the end of the conversation he said, 'So ya know how in school you can't just go to school once, you have to keep going and keep going and taking teachings? That's what I need. When is my next teaching?' HA! Sweet! It was so funny. I love our White Investigator! 

We also finally got to see Doreen again and had a great lesson with her! We talked about the Restoration and the Spirit was so strong! It really helped her to see the eternal perspective and why getting baptized is so important. She says that she knows she needs to get baptized and she said she would work towards January 10th as well. It'll be a good day! I pray everything works out.

Other than that, everything is still going great! I love you all! Have a great week! Merry Christmas!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen


From the Hardy's In Jamaica blog: After our last district meeting in Port Antonio, the whole district stopped to eat at our favorite cook shop. The zone leaders and sister training leaders were also there so that they could do splits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment