Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, December 15, 2014

12/15/14: Missions are the greatest!

Hi Family!

Not much happened this week but it was still a good week.

So yes, this week we had Zone Conference. It was great! Wednesday we drove out to Montego Bay. We had been preparing all week to hear from Elder Martinez! He is Elder Cornish's first councilor in the Area Seventy. Man he is fantastic and so spiritual. He told us his story of how he was converted. He actually didn't really accept it in the beginning but his wife did. The difference was she was keeping commitments and he wasn't. haha. Wadayaknow. They were so fun to be around and so inspirational to listen to. I can't even express how much I learned and how much we were spiritually edified. :) 

After that we had the Christmas Party! One of the senior couples, Sister Whitehead, was in charge and she had asked Sister Garrett and me to do a duet of some kind. So she sang while I played piano. We did a medley of Picture a Christmas and When Joseph Went to Bethlehem. It was fun. Then we got gifts. No, I did not wait to open until Christmas psh! :) It was a great Christmas thank you! 

While visiting one of our members this week his daughter was there who is 9 years old. She doesn't live with him though, she lives with her mom, who is just about a 20 minute walk away. But while we were waiting for Brother Wayne, we were talking to Crystal his daughter and asking her if she liked church on Sunday because he brought her. She said she did and that she loves church! We asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said no way. Haha. So we asked WHY NOT? Well, one thing led to another and we found out her concern was that she is afraid of the water. We ended up teaching her the Restoration and she just kept saying, it makes sense. I know this is true. (She is very, very bright.) We extended her a baptismal date of January 3rd and explained to her that she doesn't have to be scared. She'll be under the water quick, quick, quick, and she's not even in the ocean. It's a swimming pool. She ended up accepting it and is excited for it now! I'm praying that everything works out! She is so great!

We also got to see Judith and Taphirah again and had a great lesson with Judith. Taphirah is struggling and not wanting to give up Ganja and Girls so when he is ready to do that, we will be here for him. But Judith is so ready! It's just hard for her to come to church! It's about 500 Jamaican dollars ($5 US) there and back. I can't remember if I said that last time.... But during our lesson, she got a phone call and was laughing and talking to this guy and we could tell it was someone from a different church. Finally she hung up the phone and said something like.... 'UGH! I ALREADY HAVE MY CHURCH! STOP CALLING ME.' We were so happy. haha. She definitely is so converted to the Gospel. :) We extended her a date to be baptized on January 10th. We are just hoping she'll be able to find the fare to come each week once she finds a job. Gotta love it.... That's always the biggest issue.

Well I hope you all have a great week. Be safe. Thanks for the emails. It really means a lot! I love you so much!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

Pictures on Wednesday, December 10, Zone Conference trip to Montego Bay


With Brother & Sister Martinez of the Area Seventy






No comments:

Post a Comment