Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

9/1/2014: September???

Hi Family!

I was told multiple times this week that I look like Mariah Carey. What? Yeah I dunno... This week was a good one though. We have been really trying to apply the things we learned from Zone Conference especially about trying to get the members more involved and more excited about missionary work. It's tough..... but we are definitely working on it. 

This week two people got baptized. :) Chado Powell and Ciara Hernandez. It was cool! They just turned 8 and there were SOOO many people there! We couldn't even all fit in the room where they were being baptized! There was a lot of family that flew in to see them. I love baptisms! 

Yesterday at church we had four investigators who attended! Paula and Angelo who we met while we were walking on the street to a lesson. Omar, who Sister Llewellyn and Sister Lewis met while they were stuck in the Bahamas at the airport.  Nick, who is married to a member. It was so cool! Paula and Angelo are Seventh Day Adventists though so we are hoping that everything will continue to go well. Angelo grew up going to Sunday church though so we are praying that he will remember that and want to keep coming and always bring Paula as well. Omar was a Seventh Day Adventist but just became a Jehovah's Witness a little while ago... Yeah. It's interesting. But he said that he loved church and now he wants us to go to his 'kingdom' next week. HA! okay.. He is super smart though and loves the Restoration. We have a lesson with him on Tuesday and I am excited to see what will come out of it! 

This week I was reading a lot in Matthew about things that Christ did. Man. Christ is so cool isn't he? Haha. I just love him with all of my heart! I seriously want to be like him. It would have been one of the most amazing times to be alive when he was on the earth. I can't wait to see him again and say to him that I did as much as I could in my '4 minutes' here on the earth. We don't have time to be angry, or sad or anything else! So don't waste your time with any of that. We are so blessed to be on the earth at this time. I love this Gospel and I love getting (not having, Dad ;) ) to teach the Gospel for just this short 18 months. Time out. 15 months. Whoa. Time flies when you're having fun... Well I love you all so much! Have a great safe week! Don't ever forget to wear a missionary tag on your heart. ;) Even if you're in Utah. haha! Love you!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment