Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9/9/14: Til we meet again - From Cayman to Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Hi family!

This week was a crazy one once again. I think I say that every week. Do I? Well it's no lie! Sister Lewis and I are still working hard and doing our best to find those that are ready to hear the Gospel. We taught Omar again on Saturday before he was supposed to leave back to the Bahamas for a little while. We talked about the Book Of Mormon and read in Moroni 10. The promise. I REALLY hope and pray that he will just take it seriously and stop comparing it to his 'Kingdom'. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is so much more than that. You can't compare it to anything because we actually have the fullness! Who wouldn't want that? haha. 

We taught Nick who is married to the member, Dee-An on Sunday. We had a powerful lesson about having the faith to act and we shared with him in Ether 3 about the Brother of Jared. It was powerful. We also extended at Baptismal date for September 27th. I hope that he will sincerely change and prepare for that day. I know he can do it. He just needs to act on his faith. haha. 

This week was tough with lessons. I don't know if I talked about Barry last time, so much has happened, but he was the guy who hollered at us when we were walking and was telling us about how he was almost baptized! Like he already had the white clothes on and everything! We tried meeting with him again but he stood us up. I'm guessing he isn't ready. But this week we didn't really teach much lessons. It seemed as though everyone was gone! 

On Friday we had the branch talent show and the four of us missionaries all sang your song Mads! It was awesome! But my camera decided to die right before we started singing!! Nosah!!! I am trying to get the recording from a member though. It was awesome and really helped to bring the spirit to the activity. That song is so powerful (No Need to Fear). It really inspired the members and they kept coming up and telling us how amazing and spiritual and powerful that song is. P.s. this experience totally reminded me of that one time in 9th  grade when AbLeMadAbAh decided to sing in the talent show... ha. haha. ha... I was laughing. 

On Saturday we got our transfer calls! I have been called back to Jam which is where I am at the moment. :) I have been called to serve in Ocho Rios! Yeah Ochi!!! :) I was so sad to leave Cayman because it is my home. I mean I was born there! But... I know that I am meant to be in Ochi now. :) I can't wait to get started! My companion is Sister Walker. She is Jamaican from Linstead and has been in Ochi for 3 months. I love her already! She is hilarious! So Saturday and Sunday I said my goodbyes, bore my testimony and had to be to the airport by 5 am Monday morning. Yeah packing was so stressful! But I love it here in Jamaica. :) We also have a car but sister Walker can't drive so I will be driving again. Instead of the nice little 2014 Toyota Yaris, I now have a big Mitsubishi diesel truck :) heck yeah man! 

So Sister Newcomer (who is going home to Pennsylvania on Thursday) and I flew to Miami and then to Montego Bay where the sisters picked us up and we went up to our house, literally up. There are like, mountains here. haha. Our house is WAY up there! And it's pink. :) We dropped off my suitcases quickly, and went to a baptism for a recent convert's kids, Taj and Roj. It was so cool! And then we drove to Kingston last night. Yeah. Three countries and 6 parrish's in one day. Unheard of! I also got to see Sister Mashabela today! We stayed at their house for the night. It was so awesome!! :) 

Today we have transfer meeting and then Sister Walker and I will be traveling all the way back to Ocho Rios to get the work started together. It has been an eventful week. I miss Cayman but there are new people and new places to see here in Jamaica. I can't wait to teach and share the Gospel with these people! I love this Gospel! :)

Love,

Sister Mouritsen




No comments:

Post a Comment