Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014: The best week of my life! Jordan got baptized!

Hey! What's up? :)

Thank you so much for all of your emails! You guys are so amazing and inspire me to be a better person every day. Thank you! Like I said this week was the best week yet! Jordon got BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the best day ever. And a funny story. He had his interview on Wednesday over Skype which went well and then we were setting everything up for Saturday. The baptism was scheduled for 9 am. He said that he wanted to be baptized in the font instead of the ocean. :/ Haha. And the font hasn't been used in MONTHS. So on Thursday, Sister Mashabela and I decided to clean it out. It. Was. Disgusting. We lifted up the drain and there were tons of cockroaches, beetles, 40 leggers and every other bug. And then there were some live lizards! Oh my goodness. Sister Mashabela is brave and killed them with a dust pan. Poor guys. So we were down on our hands and knees having to clean out this nasty spider-filled drain. Ugh. We had to hike up our skirts and stuff. We had to use a pan lid and dust pans to clean it out. So the drain was clogged and we had to pull the water out with the tiny pan lid and put it into a bucket of water where we would then carry the water up and out into the bathroom where we would dump it into the toilet. haha! Yuck... Yeah it was funny. We definitely took pictures. :) The dust pans again reminded me of you Colt when you had to clean up your honey mess. ;) But the baptism happened on Saturday. Jordon is amazing and is one of the strongest people I know! He loves the Gospel and was so prepared when we met him! I gave a talk on baptism which I think went well haha. He was telling us after about what he thought about the baptism. He said that when President Johnson dunked him under the water, everything went quiet and he didn't want to come back up. He is amazing! Then on Sunday he was confirmed a member of the Church. Totally made me cry. Then during Priesthood, Brother Vance told us to sneak in and listen to Jordon receiving the Aaronic Priesthood! haha! Made me cry again... It was just a cry day with everything going on.

On Saturday morning we received transfer calls. Sister Coleman and Sister Mashabela will be going back to Jam. Sister Coleman will be going to Linstead and Sister Mashabela will be going to Boulevard, Kingston. :( Yeah that totally made me cry my eyes out. I will miss her so much. But we will be receiving Sister Llewlyn and Sister Lewis who are both Jamaicans. Sister Lewis will be my companion. I can't wait to meet her!

Other than that, the week was really slow. Zone meeting was fantastic as well! President Brown skyped in with us. We talked a lot about enduring. But not just enduring, enduring well. They shared a story about how if we stop doing service and enduring here on Earth the angels in heaven stop building our mansions. So don't stop enduring! You want to have a roof on your mansion right? ;)

Well I hope that everything went well with you all. Sorry this letter is short and not too detailed. I don't have much time. I love you all! Have a great week! I pray for you daily!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

P.S. The following email was sent from a couple who visited Leah's branch on July 27th. A picture was attached.

Dear Bro and Sis Mouritsen,

My husband and I attended your daughter's branch yesterday while on vacation here in Grand Cayman.  She looked so beautiful and happy!  I thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of her and her companion.
I have a son who is currently serving in the Argentina, Buenos Aires Mission.  We missionary parents have to stick together!

Tonya White


No comments:

Post a Comment