Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, July 14, 2014

I never wanna leave!

Hi Family!
 
Thanks again for all the emails! You all are amazing and it sounds like everything is going well up there. :) I love hearing from all of you. :)
 
This week I was reading in Preach my Gospel one day and found a precious gem haha! On page 152, close to the bottom of the page Dallin H. Oaks talks about fishing and having our fishing line out in the water as long as possible. He says that "None of us should be like the fisherman who thinks he has been fishing all day when in reality he has spent most of his time getting to and from the water, eating lunch and fussing with his equipment. Fishing success is related to how long you have your line in the water, not to how long you are away from the apartment. Some fisherman are away from home for twelve hours  and have their line in the water for ten hours. Other fisherman are away from home for twelve hours and have their line in the water for only two hours. This last type may wonder why they do not have the same success as others." This hit me hard and I want be a missionary with my line out as long as possible. No matter how hard it gets!

On Wednesday we had our open forum meeting where the Branch Mission Leader is in charge and anyone from the ward, or investigators, can come and ask any question they want about the Gospel. Tyrone came! It was great! Or so we thought... As the night went on, we talked about how children can't be baptized until they are 8. He disagreed with this which made me sad. He has  7 and 10 year old daughters and he wanted to get baptized with them at the same time. And there were like 4 members who were just talking over each other and you couldn't tell what was being said and it was just overwhelming and frustrating. So we went to see Tyrone on Thursday night to help clear things up and some of his friends stopped by. As we were talking about it, his neighbor named Earl was debating us on how children can be baptized whenever and then his friend Whemsy chimed in and started arguing how they can't get baptized until 12 and we couldn't even get a word in! Jeez! It was maddening! We had to leave in the middle of their argument because it was almost 9 pm. So then yesterday we went over and saw him and talked about it again. We really cleared things up and he feels much better about things. We went over the baptismal questions and the spirit was strong! We had a great lesson with him!

So do you remember me talking about Duke? Also known as, Beardman? haha! That was a nickname from Sister Mashabela and I because we didn't know his name for awhile... But he invited us over to see is place... haha! He lives on the bank of the canal, where he brought in sand and made his own beach, planted coconut trees and everything! He even built his house which is two stories and really well built. We were amazed! He kept talking to us about how our lives must be so so hard because we are ministering all day long and never get to relax. And then he invited us to go paddleboarding and swimming whenever we wanted. haha! I wish. He is really funny though! He kept commenting about being Amish (is that how it's spelled?) and how awesome they are. haha....

Sister Coleman and Newcomer gave us a referral this week and we went and visited him. His name is Jordon, he is Caymanian. He has been in a foster home and pretty much lives by himself now. He is 23 and has had a really hard life. It was amazing that we were able to meet him! The other sisters met him at a less active's house! But he is soooo humble and loves the gospel! We had a branch movie night on Friday that was well attended and he wanted to come! We watched 'Heaven is Real' which is a really interesting show. Yes, President Brown let us watch it haha! We were so happy that Jordon came though. Then we had a lesson with him on Saturday. We talked about the Restoration, and gave him a Book of Mormon. He LOVES this! And says that he trusts us so much! Which is awesome because he doesn't trust very many people. But he has been reading and praying and he even came to the whole three hours of church on Sunday! Such an amazing person! We all clicked so much and I know that we will be friends for a long time! We definitely were friends in Heaven haha! I'm so glad I chose to come out here! Meeting all of these people has made me so happy and I would be sad if I hadn't of been able to meet all of them!

That is pretty much everything that happened this week. It was great but also a hard week. Not much happened. And Satan really hit our investigators with baptismal dates hard. They don't feel like they are ready enough. :/ But they are! It will all work out though. :) This Gospel is true! I love you all so much! Have a blessed week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment