Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 21, 2014: I'm almost done training! Three months down! :( :)

NOW you decide to take a trip to California?! Nosah! That's funny... I remember when I once wished to go there one summer... it's fine.... I'm dealing with it. I guess I will just have to function somehow with my white sandy beaches here in Grand Cayman... Don't worry about me.... ;) Totally kidding sorta. I hope you all have a great weekend! That sounds like so much fun and I'm almost jealous! ;) Oh Mads... I'll be praying for you. Of course I pray for you all everyday but I'm sorry about your tonsils. Sounds like you all had a very eventful week. Thank you for all the emails! They make me so happy to hear how life is going for you! It sounds so different even though it's only been a quick three months.

This week was kind of slow but awesome! And super super stressful. We have been visiting Jordon a lot. His baptism is on Saturday and he has his interview on Wednesday! We are praying that everything goes well! And we CANNOT WAIT for Saturday and Sunday for the Confirmation!!! AH! :):):):):) Jordon is the coolest kid. I love him to death and I can't wait for him to be a member and to have the Holy Ghost! :) He is such a great kid! I wish you all could meet him. Soon come. ;) We had some really great spiritual lessons with him and he is still reading the Book of Mormon and loves the Gospel so much! His prayers are some of the most sincere heartfelt prayers. You really can tell that he is having that two-way conversation with our Heavenly Father. He is amazing! 

We had a great district meeting once again. We read in Moroni 7:26-29. And I love specifically in verse 27 when it asks, 'have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven?' What do you think? No way have they ceased! It answers that question in verse 29. Because they are the same yesterday today and forever. So why would they cease? I have seen many miracles in these past three months and I know that through much much prayer and fasting and scripture study, they have happened. This gospel is so amazing! Oh my goodness I love missionary work!

We went and visited a less active, Sister Chambers, and when we got there, her brother who is a minister was there! Jeez! It was like a set up! He chastised us so bad about how we believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God! Apparently it is just the word of man and only the Bible is the word of God. Psh. Nosah. There was no convincing him. He just kept saying how in the Book of Revelation it says that we shouldn't add any more scripture to god's word. haha! But that is just talking about how we shouldn't add scripture to the Book of Revelation. Even though the Book of Revelation is the last book in the Bible, that doesn't mean it was the last one written! I mean Acts was written after it! Yeah I dunno... There was just no convincing no matter how hard we bore our testimonies to him. Soon come. He will change. :) 

On Friday we had our weekly branch activity. It was a games night. We always have a spiritual thought at the beginning which is great! We didn't get to hear this week's though because we had an appointment. :/ But it was awesome! Jordon came! :) He is so awesome! And so dedicated already! 

On Saturday.... President Brown and Sister Brown flew in! It was so stressful.... I love them so much though! I just eat up everything that they have to say. Holy cow! We all had interviews with him on Saturday and of course, he just radiates with the Spirit so I was just bawling. I was a mess. haha! I thought this mission was controlling my emotions but.. nope. haha! Man he is amazing and so inspired! 

Sunday was fantastic! President Brown taught us in our Branch Council meeting about how we need to work together, members and missionaries, to bring back and get more members into the church. Then he and sister Brown spoke in sacrament which was AMAZING! and we also had three investigators there! Jordon, Nick who is married to a member, and Tyrone who brought his two adorable kids. :) And each of them totally felt the spirit when President and sister Brown spoke. Man it was great! :) 

I can't wait to hear about how all of your weeks went. Thanks for the emails! I pray for you all daily! Have a great week! Keep recognizing the Spirit :) It is such a blessing to have and I love thinking about when I was confirmed myself. I love you all so much! Have a safe, blessed week.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen  

No comments:

Post a Comment