Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Saturday, June 13, 2015

6/8/2015: I can't believe it's June....

Good Afternoon!

This week was stressful and great haha. :) I am really loving Mandeville and the experiences that I am getting the opportunity to have. 

Wednesday we had District Meeting. Elder Davis is our District Leader and he is fantastic! President Brown also came unexpectedly and it was an awesome meeting. We talked a lot about how we can improve in our areas with the members. The member work seems to have decreased over the mission and we talked about how we can earn trust with members and less-actives. 

After the meeting President Brown said that he wanted to talk to me. We had a good talk. This week I was going through a lot of stuff and I was stressed out with everything that was going on...  He comforted me and told me that I was right where I was supposed to be and that the Lord really will help me with all the things I have been called to do. He also asked me if I would like a blessing from him and it was the perfect thing. Of course I was in tears and everything because of what I was told. It was just an experience that I will never forget. After the blessing when we were walking out, President Brown said to me, 'I just found out why I needed to be here. I woke up this morning knowing I needed to be in Mandeville but I didn't know why.' It really strengthened my testimony of going after the 'lost' sheep. Maybe I wasn't 'lost' but I realized that day that I needed help and the Lord was mindful of me and that President Brown followed that prompting and was able to help me in my time of need. This gospel is so true. haha. I know that with all my heart.\
 
So on Thursday we had to drive to Kingston again because I have the opportunity to go to MLC. It was the most amazing meeting I have ever been able to go to. We talked a lot about the mission and what the mission needs to improve on as a whole. I really got to see inside President Brown's head and how he thinks. It was a great council and getting to be a part of the council of how we can all improve was just amazing! It really was! That's just all I have to say about it. haha! I am really glad that I get to go to it! We left the house around 6:30 so that we could be in Portmore by 8:30 where we dropped off Sister Robinson with the Portmore sisters and the STL's in Boulevard picked me up for the meeting at 10. The meeting ended around 5:30 or 6 and we dropped the Portmore sisters off at their appointment, got some dinner, and then drove home. We didn't get home until about 9 that night. It was SUCH a good day! 

Friday we had a fantastic lesson with some new investigators. We met Patrick while walking on Green street and we got to meet with him. We met in his house with his family as well, his mom, and two of his brothers. It started out by them asking crazy questions like, what do you think about the mark of the beast and all that. ugh. We reigned them and and we had a lesson about our purpose as missionaries and the Godhead and it was one of the most powerful, spirit-filled lessons I have been able to have on my mission. It was just amazing to see the glow on their faces. 

We got to see them again yesterday evening and the same thing happened but it was even stronger! We shared the message of the Restoration and his brothers had to work so they weren't there but his sister-in-law Ann-Marie was there and she was so in to the lesson. At one point as we were teaching, someone walked in and started talking and she glared at them, shook her hand at them and was like ' SHHHHH!!!!' and began listening intently to us again. hahaha! It will never cease to amaze me how scriptures just come to mind and they are the perfect scriptures. It shows how important it is to study so the Spirit can brings things to our remembrance. Not new things, but things we have studied. I love the Scriptures!! We committed them to be baptized and to pray to know if the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith are true. They also said that they would come to church this Sunday for sure! I hope and pray that they do. It was just so cool!! 

We also woke up Friday morning after returning from Kingston to a flat tire... That was fun. I now know how to change a flat tire. haha. The things you learn on your mission. :)

I will send more recent pics next week. Sorry about that. I love you all! Have a safe and great week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment