Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6/15/2015: 7 day oh 7 day...

Hello Family!

This week was crazy! A lot happened but yet not a lot happened haha.... yeah.... It also felt like 7th day Adventist goers bash Sister Mouritsen and Sister Robinson week. It was rough! 

Sister Robinson and Sister Mouritsen

So we received a referral from the office for a man named Robert. We called him and he told us that he works at NCU. So we went there and as we were walking to find his office, we noticed right above his office was a big sign that said, 'Ellyn G. White Research Center'. Oh jeez... haha. So we walk into his office and he says that he got on our website and signed in his information and said that he wants a Book of Mormon. Well we got the opportunity to teach him all about the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon and he just sat quietly and listened. He is a very intelligent man and very, very.... very into the Adventist church. And of course after we taught he asked us about the Sabbath Day. Haha. There was nothing we could say to 'combat'. I don't wanna Bible bash anyway. The conversation ended up going all the way to how Rome is secretly trying to destroy.... Or something like that. I don't know. But I walked out of there saying... I am not uplifted at all. haha. But he said that we could come back again and teach him more about the Book of Mormon. So we'll see how it goes this week.

I also had the opportunity to go to May Pen this week to go on a trade off with Sister Brown and Sister Frey came to Mandeville to work with Sister Robinson. It was great. May Pen is HOT though. We had some great lessons and were able to talk to a lot of people so it was great! Except for the fact that right after we got there, we went out to the car and it wouldn't start! The battery is dying... So we flagged down a biker and he went and grabbed some truck mechanics and eventually a taxi driver stopped and started just screaming "alright I'm here to help!" Where are the jumper cables? And he jumped the car and then rushed away. Well thank you nice screaming man! haha! 

Wednesday when I got back to Mandeville, Sister Robinson and I were able to go out to New Port and see a man named Clifton, whom we had called. His number was in our phone from the previous missionaries in the area. He is awesome too! We were able to have a fantastic lesson with him about the Restoration! He told us that he had run into Elders about a year ago but they never contacted him again so he was happy that we called! Then we saw him again Saturday and talked all about the Book Of Mormon. He said that he would read it and pray to know if it was true and if Joseph Smith is a true prophet. He wasn't able to come to church yesterday though so... Hopefully next week! He is great!

Thursday... Oh man. You'll never guess what we got to do for service. A less-active raises chickens right? I bet you know where this is going... Well they came to full grown and he needed help killing, skinning and gutting them. So the 6 of us Sister's drove up there and got to help out. Man it was fun! So I got to catch the chickens, then we strung them up by their feet on a wire, grabbed a knife, and...cut the head off. haha. Literally that's what happened. And then once it drained, we took it down, and plucked it, and gutted it. There were about 25 chickens we did it to. And then we bought one to cook up. Mmm! Brown stew! It was a once in a lifetime thing. :) You'll love the pictures. ;) It really reminded me of when we went Iguana hunting in Cayman. But...Less gory.... hahahaha....






Yesterday was our second 'battle' with the seven day... So we called up a less-active, named Latoya, she is actually another less-active's daughter (Audrey), and asked if we could come over and she said yes. So we get there and it was kind of awkward... She invited us in and it was like everyone came in and soon we find out.... They are all devoted 7th Day Adventists..... I knew from the start this wasn't going to go too well. They really attacked us and took everything we had to say for a joke.... A lot happened and I was pretty shook up about it. And very sad that there are people out there who just don't want to hear this. If only they knew what we have. If anything, the experience really strengthened my testimony and my knowledge of the gospel and of the truth. Nothing can tell me this isn't true because of the experiences that I have had on the mission and off. I love being a missionary for the good times and the bad. The bad help me to rejoice in the small victories, and the big ones. :) 

Today we got to have a Zone P-Day. So the Zone drove up to Mandeville and we played volleyball and armball and made a whole bunch of chicken and rice and peas and fried dumplings and all that good stuff. It was a great Preparation day! :)

Tomorrow we get to have Zone Conference and I cannot wait!

Well, I hope all is well! Have a great week!! Be safe and be good. :) Ha. Love you all.

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment