Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19/15: Another plane.....haha

Hi my beautiful family!

So yes, Nassau is amazing and it has been cool to see some of these people again and actually get to serve them and know them better! And to get to see more of the island! I love it here! 

Someone asked me how many planes I have been on and I think, if I remember right, this plane was my 11th. I think. How ridiculous is that?! I'm pro at flying, not so much at packing. haha. Did i say that in my last email? I me nuh no. haha. And i'm still not finished either. 

Goodbyes are always hard. I hate saying goodbye to the people that I love. But we went to transfer meeting on Wednesday and President Brown has definitely made some changes to the mission that are going to be happening. I know they will help and that they are inspired. It'll help us to be more balanced missionaries and to find much more success. After all, this is the Lord's work and he knows best. Always. 

Wednesday after transfers I actually went to Portmore with Sister Oman because I was waiting on my flight which was on Thursday and her companion, Sister Llewellyn, who is in Cayman, wasn't coming until Saturday and she needed a companion haha. And they just took the car away from the Portmore sisters and gave it to the sisters who are opening a new area in Montego Bay. So we walked the whole evening and I have never been eaten by so many mosquitoes in my entire life!! I don't want to serve in Portmore because of that! And Portmore is just a lot hotter than Ochi. I thought I was in the desert. Ochi is green and luscious. Then the next morning the APs and some other elders came and picked us up and we drove to the airport in Kingston where they dropped off Sister Wint and I, and Elder Lafayette who is going to Freeport, and we flew to Nassau. There the sisters picked us up and we got to work!

My new companion is Sister Judd and she is amazing! We are SO alike it's crazy! I'm excited to work with her here in Nassau. She has been in Nassau for about 6 months now and she actually served in Ochi where she got trained right before she came! It's fun getting to talk about Ochi together. We have a lot in common though and we are gonna have a great time! I have already met SO many new and amazing people! The Bahamian accent is almost like the Caymanian accent so it freaks me out every time. And then there are a lot of Haitians here. Their accents are great too. The Creole is awesome! It's a break off of french. 

You asked what my duties as a District Leader/STL (Sister Training Leader) are. Well, first of all I teach District Meeting every Wednesday. I take numbers from the sisters and give them to the Elder's in Freeport, and I report to President Brown what's going on out here. That's about it. It's awesome. I'm definitely getting used to it. haha. I never saw this one coming...

On Saturday we saw an investigator whose name is Kevin. Man he is fantastic! He told us that he is positive now that he wants to be baptized! That day he even had some Jehovah's Witnesses come up to him and want to teach him and he said, 'you know what, i'm studying with the Latter-Day Saints and i'm going to get baptized. So I'm not interested.' He's awesome! We had a great lesson planned for him as well all about baptism, the holy ghost and enduring to the end.  The Spirit was so strong and I can't wait for him to start this next part of his life! This is the most important path anyone will ever pursue in this life. He loves the Gospel! I already love him so much and I just met him! He wasn't able to come to church on Sunday though. We were sad about that.... Next week!
[
Well that's pretty much my week. It's good to finally be unpacked and settled into this place and ready to get the work done! 

Thanks for the emails! I love you all! I'll get pictures to you next week. Sorry! I love you again! Have a safe and blessed week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment