Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, November 3, 2014

11/3/14: It strikes again....

Hello Family!

Man! It sounds like Halloween was great for everybody! They don't celebrate Halloween here but I hear that Christmas time is unlike anything you can imagine. :) haha. Ganja (weed), fireworks, all night partying, MUSIC, oh wait... that's every other day of the year. I guess we will see what Christmas is like here. They say that there is no sense in having a car because of all the people on the streets... I can't wait!

Things have been great here! I just love Sister Garrett so much! She is such an amazing missionary! I probably said that last time but it is true! We have had some GREAT times together and I can't wait to see what more the Lord has in store for us :) 

We had another great lesson with Kimoya this week. She is scheduled and excited to be baptized on November 12th. She is amazing! And we can just see the Gospel lighting up her whole life. :) I love Kimoya. She is so strong and independent.We can absolutely tell how much the Gospel means to her.

Wednesday we had Zone Conference and drove to Montego Bay. It was great to see everyone in our zone again. :) We talked about making a better effort to find more families. We talked all about how we need to find more families to be able to make it to the temple together. The temple really is our ultimate goal and we need to keep it in our sights. Temples are NOT built to be empty. We have so many temples around the world and especially back home in Utah. I wish so badly that I had made a better effort to go more often even before I received my mission call. It's hard for the people here in Jamaica, and Cayman and other places, to attend because they have to get on a plane! All we have to do is put on Sunday clothes, jump in our nice cars, drive 15 minutes and there is the temple. We take the temple for granted. I know I did. I wish so badly that I could attend more and I even more wish that these people could attend more often. But I can see in the people who have been able to go how much it really means to them because that might just be a once in a lifetime experience for them. We are so blessed. How much does the temple mean to you? Just think of the Spirits in the spirit world waiting for you to open the door for them through baptism and other ordinances. What's more important? Think of the big picture. Fill those temples! :) I wish I could right now... haha. Soon come :)

Thursday we went up to the McNish family's house to help them do wash and Sister Garrett started coming down with pain in her body yeah... so the rest of the week she was in pain with Chikungunya. I felt so bad for her because I knew exactly what she was going through! 

But we will definitely be having a better week this week teaching wise. We have a lot planned and TONS of people to see! Sister Garrett is feeling much better! I can't wait to see what miracles and experiences will happen!

Thank you for your prayers and emails. I love you all with all my heart! Have a safe and blessed week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 



This is Sister Austin, one of the sister training leaders, who just left.



This is a generational picture: Sisters Mashabela, Mouritsen, Garrett

The is a photo of the trainees and their trainers.  


This is a photo of all the off-islanders.



No comments:

Post a Comment