Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, November 24, 2014

11/24/14: Hold on...7 months?

Hello!

Not too many exciting things happened this week. It was a good, hard working week as always though.

We are still working with the Bell Family. They just love the gospel so much! It has definitely been a really cool experience getting to see their growth. I have loved it. 

We had a great lesson with a guy named Lenny. He was the one that randomly stopped by the church one day and then actually came to church. We saw him on Tuesday and we followed up on how he liked church. He said that he loved it. It was just so different the feeling he felt and the warmth of the Spirit. He said that he wants to get baptized. haha! Wow! We had a cool experience with him though. We were talking about something, I can't remember exactly what, but I was prompted to say to him that we have a modern day prophet and his name is Thomas S. Monson and that prophets are so essential for us now. God wouldn't have prophets back in old times and not now. That's just a little of what I said. It was really random compared to what we were talking about and he just stood there taking it in and was like, wow, you are so right. I want to be baptized. Honestly it was really cool! I didn't expect that. He is a great guy! 

We had interviews with President Brown this week as well and they were awesome. Like I've said before, President Brown is one of the most inspired people I have ever met. He always knows exactly what to say to me and exactly what I need to hear. :)

We were able to see Taphirah on Saturday as well. He has been gone working up in the hills for 2 weeks and he finally came back so we could see him! It had been too long. We had an awesome lesson about the Word of Wisdom. haha. He likes his Ganja way too much.... But he totally committed to live it because he knows it is right and what he needs to be doing. 

Sorry for the short email. I hope all is well and you all have a great Thanksgiving! Send me a plate of food please. :) Jk. The senior couple here from Sandy said they would prepare a Thanksgiving meal for us and the other Elders here in Ocho Rios on Friday because we are all from the states except for one Canadian. haha! I'm excited! I love you all so much! Be safe and have a blessed week!

Love,

Sister Mouritsen







No comments:

Post a Comment