Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 18, 2014: I love missionary work!

Hi family! I love you all!

This week was good. It's been really difficult lately to get the members to come out teaching with us but we are hoping and praying that that will change soon. I'm crossing my fingers. We are also having a hard time finding more people to teach. It's frustrating because we have talked to so many people, but nothing. We have also been praying hard to receive some more referrals. Hopefully that will change as well. The work is slow but what can ya do right? :) haha. 

We had a lesson with Gino, who is interesting. He is really intellectual so he loves questioning EVERYTHING and has tons and tons of questions. And he loves to do crazy things like skydiving and all that kind of stuff. He's cool. He is definitely a talker haha! It's hard to get a sentence in! At one point it was like he was teaching us how to be missionaries. Wait, seriously dude? Yeah Sister Lewis and I just looked at each other like... Okay.....  He definitely has potential though so we hope that he prays about the things we have shared with him about the Restoration. He went to Jamaica for a few days though so we hope he doesn't forget the feeling of the Spirit.

We also finally got a hold of Robert. He is 15 and came to church a couple Sundays ago randomly but we haven't been able to see him since. But we saw him on Thursday and got to know him and share a lesson with him. He is a tough kid. He has definitely been through a lot in his life. He loves the atmosphere of the church and the people in it but isn't sure that it is true yet. He says that he wants to keep being around us and that eventually he will probably be baptized. haha! We will see what happens! He is a good kid though. The Spirit was strong when we had a lesson with him! We hope that we will be able to see him again this week before we leave!

On Saturday we had trade-offs so Sister Newcomer and I were in my area and Sister Lewis and Sister Llewellyn were in their area. They had to walk all day though because neither of them can drive yet... haha. Soon come. Sister Newcomer and I walked a lot as well though. We were trying to find more people to teach and it's easier to find when walking. It was dang hot though. Gotta love a little sunburn. :) We met a lot of people! We also had a great lesson with a part member family. The husband Nick is not active and he seems to be an Eternal investigator... But this lesson changed him a little bit. We watched the mormon message called, 'Mens hearts will fail them.' I would encourage you to watch it! It's awesome! It really got him thinking and he even wanted to say the closing prayer! It was so great! I hope that he remembers that and will continue to make those little changes! 

Other that that, that's how the week went pretty much. We will be traveling to Nassau, Bahamas for Zone Conference on Wednesday night around 7 and flying home Saturday afternoon. :) I can't wait! It'll be cool to actually meet our Zone in person! Skype doesn't do any justice. haha! Thank you for all of your emails! I pray for you all daily and I hope that you have a successful week! You are all amazing! Keep continually turning to the Lord! I love you all so much! 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment