Scripture

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12


Email: megan.mouritsen@myldsmail.net

Leah's Mission Timeline

Leah's Mission Timeline

Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014: I love missionary work!

Hey family!

This week was okay. Kind of out of the ordinary. I was in a trio with Sister Newcomer and Llewellyn until Thursday morning and then Sister Lewis flew in! She is one of the sweetest, most amazing people. She is quiet but POWERFUL! Seriously. Everything she says I just eat it up. I hope that I can be as good a missionary as she is someday. She has been out almost 8 months. 

On Tuesday Gabriel the member who took us iguana hunting let us come over for a few to help kill the iguanas. It was interesting! So you grab the iguana by the neck and hold the tail so it won't bite you or whip you and there is a 'hole' right in the middle of his forehead. You scrape off the covering of it, get a long sturdy piece of grass and shove it through the hole until it reaches the end of the spinal cord. That's how you kill it. haha! And then we skinned it and gutted it and all that. It was cool! Sister Llewellyn wanted to keep the skin and dry it out and make a scripture case haha. Then he cooked it for us on Wednesday with boiled green bananas and breadfruit. It was good! Kind of chewy but good! 

We had some good lessons with Jordon about missionary work and we gave him a copy of Preach My Gospel. He is really thinking about and starting to prepare for a mission! I'm so proud of him! :) 

At the beginning of the week we spent a lot of our time in the other sisters' area, the west side, but we had a great purpose lesson with a guy named Donlee. Sister Newcomer and I found him when we were walking. He was just sitting outside shaving his legs... haha. yeah... But he is cool. He hasn't been able to come to church yet but hopefully soon! He loves what we have shared with him!

Sister Lewis and I met this lady named Paula when we were walking around in the Prospect area.  We gave her a pamphlet and we got to go visit her yesterday. We went and taught her and her husband and quickly found out that they are 7 Day Adventist.... Ha. They are really humble though and I think that they have potential. We will see how the next lesson goes though. They were telling us a little about Joseph Smith and Ellin G White. :P ugh. 

I am hoping that this week will be more successful and more interesting. We have been struggling to find more people to teach but I have faith that everything will work out. :) I was studying a lot this week in Alma 32 which talks about faith and comparing it to a seed. I love verse 27 when it talks about experimenting and exercising a particle of faith. Even a particle really does help but can you imagine if you exercise more than that? haha. Yeah. Cool things happen. Trust me I know! 

We have Zone Conference in a few weeks and we are getting flown to the Bahamas! Yeah I'm freaking out. :) I can't wait! Elder Cornish will be speaking to us! It'll be amazing! :)

Well I hope that everything is going well still! Thank you for the emails! I love you all so much! Keep going strong and doing those things that are pleasing to our Heavenly Father. :) 

Love,

Sister Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment